epilogue

"Where are you going?"

She jumps slightly at the whispered, raspy voice. Lisa's grip tightens around her waist, like she senses her pulling away and wants to keep her there.

Chaeyoung chuckles lightly, whispering, "bathroom."

Lisa just snuggles into her even more. "You're not allowed."

Chaeyoung laughs, and even though she's nervous and awkward with the whole physical affection thing, she leans down and kisses the top of Lisa's head. "I'll be five minutes. And then I'll be back to cuddle you."

Dramatically, Lisa huffs and rolls away from her in bed. "Fine. Five minutes."

Pushing herself up, Chaeyoung tiptoes to the door, because it's the middle of the night and she doesn't want to wake anybody up. She pauses in the doorway, glancing back at Lisa curled up in bed. So cute, she thinks to herself, and then quickly tiptoes down the hallway to go to the bathroom.

It's weird, coming out of Lisa's room instead of Pranpriya's. A good weird, though. And when she's done in the bathroom and creeps back to Lisa's room, it's just as weird then. But again, good weird.

She gets back into bed next to her girlfriend - god, that'll take some getting used to - and Lisa instantly rolls over and cuddles up to her again, arm over her tummy, face snuggled into her neck.

"Night." The younger girl tiredly mumbles. "You're comfy, Rosie."

"I can tell," Chaeyoung laughs, wrapping her arms around her and loving just how fucking right this feels. As Lisa nuzzles her face into Chaeyoung's neck, the older girl plays with her hair. "Go back to sleep."

"Okay," Lisa whispers back, "goodnight."

Chaeyoung closes her eyes and falls back to sleep easily. Like her body knows she's safe with Lisa.

When she wakes up however many hours later, the bed next to her is empty but still warm. She blinks, rolling over, spotting her phone on Lisa's bedside table. It's on charge but only on about 20%, and she has a few texts from her mother telling her she's in trouble for sneaking out. Which she hadn't technically done; she'd walked out of the house, her mother just hadn't noticed. And she'd do it all over again for Lisa.

Speaking of, where is she? Chaeyoung thinks to herself, sitting up in the younger girl's bed. She puts her phone down, and even though she knows it's probably classed as creepy to some degree, brings the duvet up to cover her nose and takes in Lisa's scent. Lying back down but knowing that she's awake enough to not go back to sleep, she picks up Nala and cuddles her to her chest. The stuffed lion smells like Lisa too, a mix of vanilla and cinnamon, and she loves it.

God, Chaeyoung thinks, the butterflies in her tummy at it again, I really was that lucky. Lalisa Manoban was Yellow after all. She wouldn't have believed it a week ago. She'd talked herself out of believing it yesterday, when Lisa told her she was pan. But it really was her. She'd been talking to Lisa for months, and slowly but surely fallen in love with her. Because she has genuinely fallen, and she doesn't ever want to get back up.

Lisa's bedroom door opens, Love running in first and jumping up on the bed, immediately walking over to Chaeyoung and licking her face. Chaeyoung laughs, pushing him away, "Love, go brush your teeth."

"Hey, don't speak to my son like that," Lisa retorts, carrying a tray. She sits down at the end of the bed and passes it to her. "Breakfast in bed for my love."

And Lisa calling her my love made her so weak at the knees that she's grateful she's sat in bed. Chaeyoung accepts the tray, straightening up against the headboard, looking at the bacon, eggs, toast and hash browns on the plate. "You didn't need to make me breakfast."