Yvonne?

"Yvonne?Is that really you?" Reynold asked with happiness.

Penelope didn't know if she should be happy or sad. Was there anything to be happy about? Yvonne returned. Doesn't that mean she's going to be replaced but at the same wasn't existence always ignored. What will change? The love she craved will be Yvonne's. But for some reason, she didn't fell sad. She kinda felt happy. 

'Why does it feel so warm when I see her face? Reynold always used to say that if I ever get to see Yvonne, I'll most probably slap her across the face. But right now, I want to go up to her and welcome her back home.' 

In the end, the whole Eckart family reunited, leaving Penelope behind. Penelope tried to approach Yvonne but Derrick scolded Penelope for coming near Y vonne. Derrick thought Penelope was going to cause a scene but all she wanted to do was introduce herself to Yvonne because blood related or not, they were still sisters. Penelope was humiliated infront of everyone. All the nobles present there, started whishpering about the whole Eckart family, especially, about Penelope. Vinter, Eclise and Kallisto were shocked. But there was only one person that wasn't shocked. And that person was Lucas. Lucas was just there, standing at one corner of the hall and just watching the drama. Penelope was so humiliated she just looked down and stayed silent. In the end Eclise escorted Penelope and sent her home.

For the next few days, Penelope just stayed in her room, locked up. Emily just brought her food to her room like she used to. Penelope was never really allowed to join her brothers and the duke for food.

One day something happened. Instead of Emily bringing Penelope food, it was Yvonne bringing Penelope food. Penelope was surprised but didn't protest. she thought that, Yvonne would stay away from her because of various rumors. Again, the room was filled with comfortable silence. Then Penelope asked Yvonne,

"Aren't you supposed to be scared of me?"

"Why would I be scared? Is there anything to be scared of?"

Now Penelope was even more surprised. This girl wasn't scared of her despite the rumors. She kinda felt relieved. At least she didn't have a bad impresssion on her.

"You aren't scared of me despite the rumors?"

"Rumors are rumors and you are you. Who cares what people say, as long as you are yourself, no rumor matter in this world"

What Yvonne said really made Penelope relieved. At this point she started crying. 

Yvonne started to hang out with Penelope more and more, day by day. Penelope now had group friends. They would have tea together once in a while. But the only problem was whenever I would talk to Yvonne infront of Derrick, Reynold or both, they would always glare at me, like I was some kind of kidnapper trying to kidnap Yvonne. But one day, everything turned upside down. Penelope had saved Yvonne's life from getting killed by a randon arrow but Derrick thought everything was Penelope's fault. So, he had slapped her accross the face. Yvonne tried to explain but Derrick wouldn't listen. In the end, Penelope had it enough. Now it was her turn to glare at Derrick. Derrick was shocked that Penelope had glared at him. Yvonne didn't even mind at this point. She supported Penelope. Penelope was so angry that she rushed to her room and locked herself in. She cried and Yvonne comforted her from the other side of the door. Yvonne stayed on the other side of Penelope's door until she came out. Penelope felt useless.

Sometime later, Penelope was called by the Duke. So, she came out of her room and went to the Duke's office followed by Yvonne. Crown prince Kallisto, Eclise, Vinter, Derrick and Reynold was also at the Duke's office. She met the same short raven hair with red ruby eyes man again.

"Greetings lady Penelope"

"Greetings to you too sir...?"

"Lucas"

"Sir Lucas"

Penelope didn't know why the man was here again from Obelia. Penelope was staring at the man with confusion, while the the older just smiled at her. What he told next was shocking.

The rest of the tea will be spilled in the next chapter.