'Athanasia'

Previously: -

Lucas: Are you happy going back home?

Penelope: Hmm!

Lucas: If you feel sleepy, just go to sleep.

Penelope: But-

Lucas: Go to sleep.

Present: -

Penelope's POV:

When I woke up, I realized that my head was on Lucas's shoulder. I flinced and got up. I could see Lucas was sleeping peacefully. I didn't want to walk him up. He looks cute when he's sleeping. Wait. What!? What am I thinking? This can't be me. I never get easily swayed by boys. My mind is all messed up. Then it hit we must've entered Obelia, right? I looked outside the window. The view was absolutely beautiful. It was way prettier, then it was in Ioka. Guess the emperor is doing an amazing job keeping this place fresh and alive. When I looked back at Lucas I could see him frown in his sleep. Is he having a nightmare? Suddenly, he jolted up back to his sitting position. That really made me flinch.

Penelope: You...... okay? Is everything all right?

Lucas: Huh? Oh... Yea. I'm fine. No need to worry about me.

He just chuckled as if nothing happened.

Penelope: Are you sure everything is all right?

Lucas: Oh look. We are in Obelia.

He just ignored my question. Maybe, he probably doesn't wanna talk about it right now. It's better not to push him.

Penelope: Yea. Obelia sure is pretty. To be honest, I'm a little nervous.

Lucas: What are you nervous for? Won't you be meeting your dad?

Penelope: Yea, but what if-

Lucas: There's no what if. You may not remember but I remember. When your mana exploded for the first time and you coughed out blood, your dad was panicking. He called every single mage there was but no one could fix. I was the who fixed you. The emperor who hated the idea of having men around you, let me a guy be your playmate, just for your safety. So, his motto towards you is 'as long as she happy and keeps her safe, I'll do anything'

Those words really made me feel lucky. It made me feel loved. Something I wanted to feel for a very long time. My nervousness turned into happiness.

Lucas POV:

I was sleeping peaceful the whole time. Then suddenly I felt my shoulder getting lighter. It really annoyed me. I was so comfortable. I frowned. I jolted up to see why my shoulder felt light. Then I saw Athy flince. I remembered she was sleeping on my shoulder. Right, that was why my shoulder got lighter. Ughh.

Penelope: You...... okay? Is everything all right?

Lucas: Huh? Oh... Yea. I'm fine. No need to worry about me.

..... I got her worried. If only I wasn't angry.

Penelope: Are you sure everything is all right?

Lucas: Oh look. We are in Obelia.

I changed the subject and hoped she forgot what happened. Athy never really got distracted if I ever changed the subject. She was persistant.

Penelope: Yea. Obelia sure is pretty. To be honest, I'm a little nervous.

Nervous? What was she nervous about. Her dad literally wanted to blow up the whole empire because she got lost and here she's nervous. This idiot.

Lucas: There's no what if. You may not remember but I remember. When your mana exploded for the first time and you coughed out blood, your dad was panicking. He called every single mage there was but no one could fix. I was the who fixed you. The emperor who hated the idea of having men around you, let me a guy be your playmate, just for your safety. So, his motto towards you is 'as long as she happy and keeps her safe, I'll do anything'

I could see her smile. Well, it's nice to see her smile after such a long time.

Third Person POV:

Penelope and Lucas finally reached the palace of Obelia. Penelope was stunned. The palace was way prettier than she thought. After she got out of the carriage, there was a man who had red crimson coloured hair. From his outfit Penelope could understand he is a knight.

Felix: Welcome, princess.

Penelope: Thank you. But may I know who are you?

Felix: Of course. I am the Emperor's personal bodyguard. My name is Felix Robane. You can call me Felix, princess.

Penelope: Alright, Felix. My name is Penelope.

Lucas hoped down from the carriage after Penelope.

Lucas: Hey Felix, what's up?

Felix: I'm here to escort the princess as his majesty ordered me.

Lucas: Can I come along?

Felix: Yes, of course. His majesty has also asked you to come along.

Lucas: Hmm, alright.

Felix, Penelope and Lucas went to the Emperor's study. The emperor was scribbling down in papers.

Felix: Sir, the princess is here.

The emperor looked up and saw Penelope along with Lucas. He was surprised that Lucas wasn't joking when he said he found the princess. It had been 6 years since he last saw his daughter.

The emperor got up from his seat and and went forward towards Penelope. Penelope looked up at the Emperor and they both stared at each other for a good 5 minutes.

Emperor: My name is Claude De Alger Obelia. I'm your father.

Penelope: Hello, my name is Penelope.

Claude: Penelope?

Penelope: Yes, dad?

Claude: 'dad...'

Claude: From now on, your name will be Athanasia De Alger Obelia.

"Athanasia", Penelope mumbled loud enough for everyone to hear.

Claude smiled at his daughter as his eyes softened.

"Welcome home, Athanasia De Alger Obelia", Claude, Lucas and Felix said together, welcoming Penelope, no, Athanasia back home.

Athanasia: 'I feel fuzzy again. Is this how it feels to be loved?'

Athanasia looked at them and smiled.

Athanasia: I'm back home.

Athanasia started to cry and everyone present in the room started to comfort her.