Welcome Back, 'Princess'

Penelope's POV—

When I woke up, the first person I saw was Lucas. While on the other hand, Derrick, Reynold, Kallisto, Duke Eckhart, Eclise were panicking because I had coughed blood. Vinter gave me a glass of water whereas for Lucas he just looked bored. So, much for a playmate.

Suddenly, I felt a huge pain in my chest. I started to cough out blood again and this time, the pain was ten times worse. All on a sudden, Lucas covered my eyes and I fell asleep. When I woke up, I saw Emily coming to my room. She was very happy to see me awake. She started calling for everyone. Everyone was happy to see me awake. Later, I found out, I was asleep for 10 days. My body was already weak and then I coughed out blood. And I also found out that the magic from the ring was removed. So, I had my original hair color and eyes back. Emily brought me a small mirror for me to see. I was very amazed. I never really had the looks. But now that I look at myself, I could see that, I had long, flowy, blonde hair and bright blue jeweled eyes like the ocean shimmering in sunlight. I couldn't walk properly because of my unconsciousness for ten days. Though, Emily helped me to walk again.

After some days of walking with Emily's help, I could walk perfectly fine. But then the topic I didn't want anyone to mention came up. Am I going back to Obelia or staying here as Penelope Eckart? For some reason, I thought the two families would actually pressure me to choose. But the Eckart family (except Yvonne) were pressuring me to choose, while my biological father sent me a message through Lucas, saying I can choose anywhere to stay, as long as I'm is happy, but he is going to send things to make me feel comfortable. Lucas, Eclise, Vinter, Emily and Yvonne were also supporting. But the problem was with the Duke and Derrick. They were always pressuring me to stay. While Reynold was not sure whose side to follow. And as for Kallisto, yea no, he left the Eckart manor and went back to his place after I was awake. He doesn't really know anything here.

Yvonne's POV—

One night, I was bringing sister Penelope her dinner. I really loved spending time with her. I really love my father and brothers but when I came back, I saw how rude their behaviors were towards sister Penelope.

"Excuse me, but is that for Penelope?"

Someone said from behind me. I looked back and saw sir Lucas walking up to me.

"Yes, the food is for sister Penelope", I replied.

"If you don't mind, can I take the food for Penelope this time", Sir Lucas said.

It was nice seeing people being good towards sister Penelope. Especially after father and brothers behave rudely towards her.

I nodded with a smile and gave the food to Sir Lucas. I then went back to my room with a smile on my face.

Lucas's POV—

I was going towards Athy's room, well, here her name was Penelope. But whatever, I was going towards her room when I saw the youngest daughter of the Eckart family going to Athy's room as well with food in her hands.

"Excuse me, but is that for Penelope?", I asked.

"Yes, the food is for sister Penelope", she replied.

"If you don't mind, can I take the food for Penelope this time", I asked.

She nodded with a smile. I could see, she was happy for Athy, unlike her brothers and her father who are mean to Athy 24/7. She gave me Athy's food and went back to her room. I felt lazy to walk to Athy's room. So, I teleported there. As soon as I appeared in her room, she screamed as if she saw a ghost or something. I held my ears trying to block the sound. For a second there, I thought my ears were actually going to bleed out because of her screaming.

"Oh my god. You scared the living shit out of me." She said.

No matter how long it has been, habits are habits. They don't easily change. Especially her one's. Once she has a habit to do literally anything, that's not going to change that easily.

"Yea, yea. Whatever. Here's your food", I said as I handed her the food.

"Thanks", she replied with a smile.

I was very happy to see her once again. I didn't want to admit it but I missed her a lot. After all, she was my very first friend.

Penelope – Lucas.

Lucas Yes?

Penelope – I've decided.

Penelope's POV—

This morning, Reynold came to my room and said that he was sorry. I couldn't believe my ears. He sounded very sincere. He said it's my decision, whether I would like to stay or leave. If I were to leave, he would visit me with Yvonne. I was happy to hear that. I suddenly hugged him out of nowhere. It was my first time hugging him. Well, after the hug out of nowhere Derrick came and started to pressure me again about staying. That was the last straw, I had lost it. Without realizing it, I started to glare at him. His eyes grew wide seeing me glare at him again. I said to his face that, it's my life and my decision to choose whether I would stay or leave. Well, it was pretty hectic. So when I saw Lucas, I was relieved because I had decided what my answer will be and where I'm going to stay.

Penelope – Lucas.

Lucas – Yes?

Penelope – I've decided.

Lucas – hmm?

Penelope – I want to live in Obelia with my family

Lucas looked at me, surprised. Guess he thought, I wouldn't go back home to my family. But at the same time he looked very happy with my answer.

Suddenly, he kneeled down, took my hand and kissed the back of my hand and smirked.

Lucas – Well then, Princess welcome back to your home, your family and your fated life.

This really made me fluster. I was a blushing mess. Soon, he went back to his room and I was relieved because I didn't want him to see my flustered face.

"Oh god" I muttered under my breadth while my hand was on my face.