Jealous?

Previously: -

Claude smiled at his daughter as his eyes softened.

"Welcome home, Athanasia De Alger Obelia", Claude, Lucas and Felix said together, welcoming Penelope, no, Athanasia back home.

Athanasia: 'I feel fuzzy again. Is this how it feels to be loved?'

Athanasia looked at them and smiled.

Athanasia: I'm back home.

Athanasia started to cry and everyone present in the room started to comfort her.

Present: -

Athanasia's POV:

After I stopped crying, dad told me to look around. Lucas helped me to get around the place. It was huge. If I don't get used to this place, I will literally get lost. That's how big this place is. Right now, I'm standing in front of a huge palace. It looked very familiar but I don't know where I saw it.

Lucas: This is the Ruby Palace. This is where you grew up until you were 11.

Athanasia: Here?

Lucas: Yes.

Athanasia: But dad stays in the Emerald Palace. Wasn't I supposed to grow up there?

Lucas: How about I tell you about that after the tour?

Athanasia: Yea, sure.

He took me inside the Ruby Palace. All the maids there, were waiting for me. In the center of everyone, there was a lady standing. She had brown hair with bright blue eyes. She looked like she was about to cry of happiness. From her clothes, it looked like she was the head maid.

Lucas: You see that woman over there standing at the center?

Athanasia: Yes, why?

Lucas: That was your nanny before you got kidnapped. Her name is Lilian York.

I walked up to my former nanny and she instantly hugged me. someone actually hugged me accept Yvonne.

Lily: I am so glad that your back home safely.

I was starting to get emotional again. I broke the hug, smiled at Lilian and said,

"Yes, I'm back home.".

Lilian took me and Lucas to my room.

Athanasia: Thank you miss York.

Lily: Princess please call me Lily.

Athanasia: Okay, Lily!

Lucas POV:

After we went in the Ruby Palace, we saw everyone waiting in for us. I could see Lily tearing up. She was like a mother to me as well despite the age differences. I understood why Athy loved her so much. When Athy got kidnapped she cried for a whole week but in secret. She never cried in front of the others and gave them courage. But I could still listen to her crying in Athy's room from the Balcony.

Lucas: Lily, would you bring Lily, would you bring us some tea?

Lily: Of course! I'll be back.

Lily ran out of the room to bring us some tea.

Lucas: Anyways, now you can ask anything you want.

Athanasia: If Lily is my nanny, then where is my mom?

I was not expecting that question.

Lucas: Well.... How am I supposed to say this? Um.... Your mother.... Died after child birth. She died.... giving birth to you. Sorry.

I could see her getting shocked at the news. I felt bad.

Athanasia: It's alright. It's not your fault. At least I have dad.

My expression went from sad to a little relieved one.

Athanasia: As for my question from earlier, dad and I stay at different palaces. Why?

Lucas: Well, after your mom died, your dad massacred many nobles present at the time at the sorrow of losing your mom. He was about to kill you too but he couldn't bring himself to. The Lilian York who was amazed by your mother begged the emperor to be your nanny and take care of you. Then again, when you were 5 years old you met your dad for the first ever time. You both spend time with each other, but you wanted to stay with Lily so yea, that's it.

Athanasia: Do I have any other friend other than you?

Lucas: I don't know if he's your friend or not but you know him.

Athanasia: What's his name?

I could see sparkle in her eyes when I mentioned she knew someone else too. My blood boiled when I mentioned him.

Lucas: His name is....

Athanasia: Is?

Lucas: Ijekiel Alpheus.

Athanasia: Woah, what a pretty name?

As soon she said that, my blood started to boil even more. I wish I never sent her to the Alpheus manor that time to meet that white doggo junior. Wait.... Again that feeling.... Why do I keep feeling this way. Am l..... jealous? My could feel my face starting to heat up. No way, me, the greatest and most powerful magician, was jealous of a white dog.

Athanasia: Lucas? You okay. You look angry for some reason.

Lucas: ....

Athanasia: Lucas?

Lucas: I'll be taking my leave for today.

And just like that, Lucas was gone. Athanasia was confused while a brunette was listening to their conversation from outside and giggled at the magician's jealousy.