Part 16

Donatello looked at a website that said even at 28 weeks along, he was only just now getting to the end of his sixth month. He was huge and uncomfortable, and felt much further along than that. It seemed to him that his pregnancy just wanted to drag itself on, slowly.

"I'm glad I've come a long way since this first started, but it feels like this is taking forever," he complained to himself.

He saw that the babies were about the size of eggplants now. They were growing all the time.

Don had begun to have more sleepless nights. He would often find himself on the computer, reading, sipping tea, working on a simple project, or just enjoying a fire in the living room. He sat in the chair when he couldn't sleep in his bed. If he got lucky, he might manage to fall asleep in the chair instead. The discomforts of his pregnancy were just making it so hard for him to get the rest he needed. He was constantly exhausted.

"Oh," he moaned. "I hope this pregnancy is over soon. I can't take much more of this." He was holding his back, as it was aching again. It took so much out of him just to support all the weight he had on his front. He had never imagined being fat at all. This was why he had to stay active, at least when he wasn't pregnant anymore and recovered.

When the weather seemed decent enough, he went for walks down the driveway, but his family insisted on him wearing some cleat shoes so there was less chance of falling. The spikes would grip the ice and snow. Only problem was, Donatello could no longer bend over to deal with things so easily beneath his waist. The others had to help him put the shoes on his feet, which was embarrassing.

Despite it being cold outside, his body was now producing a lot more blood to help insulate and support the babies. Don found he was breathing a lot harder than he used to as well. The twins were taking up almost every ounce of room in his stomach, leaving little space for his lungs to fully expand.

Splinter saw how the pregnancy was affecting his smart son. He said that it was fine for Donatello to take some walks outside and to still practice self defense, but he just couldn't be pushed too hard in his condition.

Leonardo had been starting to read up on pregnancy too, as he wanted to be well prepared for his nieces or nephews. He knew Mike and Raph would be prepared, they just didn't want to read about all the gross stuff. Leo was very concerned about the safety of his brother and the babies. He knew this had been a risk right from the beginning, but how likely would it be for them to otherwise have children of their own? Not very. There might be more kids someday, but at least these two would start them out.

April, Jane, and Mike enjoyed feeling the twins move. The women would do some belly rubs on Don as he laid in his bed, letting them try to feel the twins move about inside him. The others had to touch Don's sides to feel them, as it was impossible through his plastron. The belly rubs felt so good, it was like another massage.

Massages were what helped Donny get to sleep a lot better rather than just staying in bed staring up at the ceiling and tossing and turning all night.

When Donatello felt like being up in the daytime, he would go out to the barn to work on the truck or just to clean up the place as best he could. His nesting instincts were strong. He wanted to have the house and barn clean. Of course, the barn would never be as clean as the house.

On the coldest snowy days, the family would sit in the living room and tell Jane stories of their adventures and sip hot chocolate. It was the perfect drink for the middle of the day or cold winter evenings.

Jane was impressed with how much the guys had accomplished in their young lives. The average human would have taken a lifetime or more to get a fraction of their battle experience, and nobody had encountered even half the crazy things that the turtles had. For example, most people would never experience going to other dimensions.
...............