Part 24

Leo and Raph now knew what Donny had endured at the beginning of his pregnancy.

They could end up getting sick any time of day, usually from unpleasant odors. Often it was from foods, but sometimes it was the sewer itself that could make them sick.

Leonardo tended to get sick more from the smell of coffee, fish, and incense. He couldn't be around Splinter's incense anymore, and Splinter couldn't eat his sushi around him. Don gave up coffee in the lair. He did drink coffee sometimes, but now, only when away from the lair.

Raph ended up getting sick more from the smell of pizza, like Don had. He also didn't do well with fish.

It really seemed like Splinter's love of sushi was a curse on all the turtles while they were pregnant.

The way he had seen all three of his older brothers suffering through morning sickness, Mike knew that he didn't want to go through it. He hated it when he overate and got sick that way. Sure, he liked kids, but he didn't think he wanted to go through this at all. He would be happy to be a dad one day, but he hoped he would have a girl to give him any possible kids instead of a forced pregnancy.

For a few weeks, the turtles didn't go topside much at all until they were certain they could handle it better. But, getting out of the lair sometimes did them some good. At least going up and walking around town and not smelling certain foods was okay.

Donatello and Michelangelo went up to the store to buy the foods that Don had eaten when he was in the beginning stages of his own pregnancy. These were the better food items to be eating right now for their pregnant brothers. Don didn't want his brothers to lose too much weight.

Gaia and Sebastian were still being well looked after by Leo and Raph while their brothers went out and did things for them. Splinter helped too.

April also was told of the pregnancies and she was happy for them. It would give Don's kids some cousins, but at the same time, genetic diversity for later in life. But, she was also worried for Mike. This could still be forced on him as well. This Floyd guy was resourceful.

April wrote to Irma and Howie and told them of the two more upcoming births - that it was Leonardo and Raphael this time. Irma wrote back saying she was surprised, but happy for them.

April was concerned about how her friends were going to handle all these young babies at one time. Seven youngsters was definitely going to be a challenge. Don's would be the oldest, but too young to help out.
...............

Leo and Raph were managing to keep some of the healthy foods down. Peppermint water and tea also seemed to help settle their stomachs when they felt sick.

Don monitored his brothers constantly to make sure that they were alright. They were beginning to get moody at times. They were tired a lot too. They just didn't want to do much.

Splinter didn't let them train anymore, but he wanted them to at least find time to do katas and exercise. If they were feeling too sick to do so, then he didn't force it on them. He wanted them to at least stay in shape and to practice defense, should they ever find themselves in a situation where they needed to protect themselves.

It had been three weeks since the morning sickness had started and that meant that Leo and Raph were at least six weeks along. They still had a long way to go.

Mona often came over to help out. She knew that her boyfriend was miserable right now, and she knew that if she was the pregnant one, he would be taking care of her.

Even though Mona stayed in the sewers more often than the turtles, she did have her own disguises for going out in public. April sometimes took her out to do girly things, now that Irma was gone.
...............