III

You look across at Ben, seeing his arms stretch to press button after button, making the Falcon touch the ground. You can't help but smile at him, thinking about everything he had said to you. You're sort of in awe about how much this man truly cares for you. Stars, he wants to have a life with you.

"What're you laughing about?" Ben asks, giving you a sceptical glance.

"I'm not laughing," you chuckle, shaking your head and giving him a fond smile, "I'm smiling."

"Beautiful." He admires you, looking you up and down.

"Shut up." You blush, sneering at him before looking out at the universe before you.

"Hey!" He exclaims, glancing at you once more before the ship rumbles, shooting into hyperspace. "You are! What are you smiling about?"

"You."

His face falls and he turns to look at you, "Me?"
His lips are parted and when you nod, he smiles, "Oh." He mumbles, unable to stop smiling, "Stop, you're making me blush." He jokes, hiding his face with his hand and making you laugh.

You smile, watching him fondly. The run went well today and so did the small mission. It all seems to be working out for the two of you and all it does is give you hope for the conversation ahead.

Ben pushes a few buttons, unbuckling his seatbelt and you do the same. Turning to you, Ben places his hand on your cheek and leans his lips in to kiss you softly. You both smile happily.

Ben pulls back, "You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," you admit, holding his hand as you both head past the hallway, down the boarding ramp.

You narrow your eyes at the people waiting for you below, seeing the stern eyes of your mother and the disappointed gaze of your father. You hold Ben's hand tighter, seeing your mother's shocked face. You'd ask your parents what the hell they're doing here but you see Captain Solo and General Organa standing there too.

"What's going on?" Ben asks, his hand gripping yours too as you both descend the ramp, "Mom?"

"You think we don't know about the smuggling run you two went on?" The General shouts, arms crossed over her chest as she stares Ben down angrily, "We tracked the Falcon, guess where we found it hanging out?"

Ben looks down, holding back a sigh, "We were safe, it went fine. And the mission was a success, there's nothing to be worried or mad about."

"Really?" Your mother speaks up. You turn to her, tensing up as she points a finger at Ben, "You put my daughter in danger. You've distracted her from the mission for what? Drugs and money?"

Ben doesn't respond, he stays silent. These are your parents after all, he wants a relationship with them eventually.

"And what? You two are dating now?" Your dad points out, eyebrows raised as he lets out a laugh, "Yeah, good luck with that."

"Dad," you mutter, "I was going to tell you both today, we-"

"What about the sneaking out? Leaving your mission? Smuggling?" He frowns at you, staring at you intently, "We didn't raise you to be an idiot!"

You can't help but feel like crying, completely ashamed and embarrassed by your parents, "Dad, I'm-"

"No excuses," your mom shouts, marching up to you to pull you away from Ben, "I don't want to hear it! And I don't want you near him! We're dealing with this at home."

You pull away from her, "No, let me speak, ple-"

"That's enough, Y/N!" She glares at you, silent for a second, "You've fooled around enough."