IV

Ben.

Let me in...

Ben.

Nothing but silence.

Hurry up!

I'm freezing out here.

Ben.

Staring up at the window, you see shadows shift against the pale white light.

I can see that you're inside, come on.

It shines against the alley beside Ben's part-time quarters on Base. Back at your home, your bedroom door is locked and your lights are off. You're feigning sleep, your parents are unaware - hopefully. Letting out a short sigh, you let your crossed arms fall in defeat. This dumb idiot boy. He literally begged you to come to his house tonight and now that you're here, he's not answering your call?

You stretch your hand out, a furrow reaching your brow as you slide open the window. Might as well let yourself in. Sucking in a breath, you bend your knees before jumping up to the window - with trusty help from the force. At once, you're clinging to his window, a scowl on your face as you grunt at the effort.

"I trained all day," you announce to him, "now is my only time off and I have to climb up-"

Your scowl drops when you look up from your position. Han and Leia both look at you, perched upon the ledge.

"You need to work on your patience, I think," Ben gives you a curt smile, looking down at you as he stands beside his parents. He runs a hand through his black curls, willing his brain to think of something good.

You remain silent, shutting your agape mouth. There's no way out of this one. Turning around, you glance down at the drop. Surely you could survive it. It wouldn't be as painful as the tension in this room right now.

You turn back around at the feeling of Ben's hand on yours. He helps you from the ledge, shutting the window behind you before standing at your side.

Han crosses his arms, trying so desperately to hide the amusement that threatens to mar his usual stoic expression. What can he say? The kid reminds Han of himself. And after how your parents acted, Han's impressed that Ben has the guts to keep sneaking around.

"What? No half-assed excuse?" He quips, giving Ben a slight smirk.

His kid just shrugs, his own smile appearing on his face, "I can't talk myself out of this one, I know when to quit."

Okay, maybe he can't talk himself out but you definitely can. "I'm, uh, I'm sorry about - well, everything," you can't help but keep your eyes on the ground, avoiding the Pilot and the Generals eyes, "I understand that I'm not welcome here. I just..." you glance at Ben, holding his longing gaze for a moment before you cast your eyes away, "I'll leave. I'm sorry."

The prospect of having them tell your parents is frightening. But the idea of never seeing Ben again... that's worse. On the other hand, there is no part of you that wants his parents to resent you. You want to know them forever - like you want to know Ben forever. And nothing has started on a good foot.

Ben goes to protest but Leia reaches a hand out, halting your actions before your boyfriend can speak, "Stay, Y/N. It's alright."

Ben looks at his mother, searching her feelings. There isn't an inkling on her filled with anger. You tilt your head, glancing between her and Han, "S-Sorry?"