Morning Commute

You had sauntered into your apartment, tired beyond hell, and crashed down onto your couch. You had barely been able to close your door as you released a side of pure annoyance and drowsiness. Despite everything though, you were still roaming high on your accomplishments from the day. You had just had a step in the right direction with Sycamore so, you were well on your way to fully understanding some pokemon biology. But now, it was time to relax a little. So, what would be fun to do at 11 PM at night?

You smiled blinked once and suddenly it was 8 AM once again. You sighed and groaned a little as you slowly got up a bit and stretched. While you did have a bed, it was typical for you to arrive from work and quickly crash down on the couch and sleep rather than eat or really do much of anything else. Still, you had stuff to do. So you got your ass up and went down to get ready for the job today.

You got a nice quick shower, got a quick piece of toast for breakfast, and then quickly got out your coat and a new shirt and pants. Once you were ready for the day, you got yourself up and out of your apartment and made your drive down to the lab. As you were driving, you turned on the radio just to see what was going on in the world that morning.

Radio Host: And once again, the Champion Cynthia has won yet another pokemon battle. This time against the Gym Leader, Byron. The Champion was also able to seal another victory against trainer Barry yesterday evening.

You changed the station. You didn't want to hear about Cynthia today. You already had her on the brain yesterday due to that stupid meeting. While she was polite, much more polite than some of your other visitors, she was still a way to make you lose progress on your work. You didn't have time with petty distractions. As you approached a red light, you saw a small group of people cross from the far left.

You released another groan, knowing this could take some time before they all crossed. That was until you saw one figure in a black coat run a bit further ahead than the rest. Reporters from the looks of it. Camera flashes were everywhere too. You groaned a bit as the press would always linger. That was until you saw the figure in the black coat wave to you. It was Cynthia. Your eyes widened a bit as you saw her and she waved over to you. You shrunk down a little in your seat as she ran over to the side of your car. Before you could lock your doors again, she got into the car.

Cynthia: I know this isn't ideal, but I was going to visit my grandmother today. Then this unfortunately happened. Do you mind...

(Y/N): (Sighs) Yeah-yeah.

You honked your horn once the light changed to green and drove forward. Fortunately, all the press members got out of your way as you drove down the street. Cynthia sighed a little before recliping one of her hair ties.

Cynthia: So sorry about that. It was never my intention to place you or anyone else in that situation.

(Y/N): Yeah sure.

The car fell a little silent as you drove forward.

Cynthia: How was your research yesterday?

(Y/N): Fine. Was able to make a great deal of progress.

Cynthia: Excellent. Have you heard from Professor Rowan? I know he is working to figure out more information on Pokemon evolutions.

(Y/N): Of course I have. We have exchanged notes. It just so happens to be that Sycamore is more knowledgeable on the topic than Rowan.

Cynthia: You seem a bit stressed. Is the work really that-

(Y/N): It's not stress. I would just like to make it to work on time. Furthermore, I would also like to get more work done if I was there now as compared to this currently.