The Library

Another day, another chance to continue onward with your work. You released a bit of a yawn as you got up from your seat still observing the spikes from your experiment. The data was all there, it was all just a matter of making sure it was accurate. Cell expansion was true and the growth was remarkable. While this was more or less an artificial way to make pokemon who could mega-evolve, this could also do some good with regular evolution. Gene-splicing basically. While you wanted to explore the idea more, you were cut off by the need for more research.

You got some things packed up and decided to make your way down to the library to get some needed information. Was it easier to use the resources at the lab? Certainly more practical, yes. But you enjoyed walking down to the library and using the resources there regardless. So, you made your way the 5 blocks down the road and got to the local library around the outskirts of town. You smiled as you walked into the building and waved a hello to the librarians.

They knew you well enough to not disturb you at all. Something you were far happier with than anything else. You walked down a few isles and found your needed books and began to pull them. Some textbooks on gene splicing, theories, old records of powerful pokemon, and many more. Once you got around 5 to 7 books you needed or at least wanted to look at, you placed them down on a secluded table and got to reading.

You had always done this back in your schooling days. It just felt more natural like this. To do everything alone and be in the safety of your books. As you were working, copying down important notes on a notepad, you felt someone was either looking at you from afar or was closing in on you. You wanted to clear your throat, deter them from you. Maybe you could have faked a sickness?

No that would never work. Faking a sickness is very hard to do and even harder to pick up on. Although, that could actually work out for your benefit. You were about to fake cough until you heard a familiar voice as well.

Cynthia: I knew I'd find you here.

You released a low groan, only loud enough that you could ear. Cynthia. Why were you not surprised. You turned your head back and saw her walking up to you. She was wearing that blue top she had bought the other day as she walked up to you. She stepped past you a little bit and pulled a chair out and sat down.

(Y/N): With all due respect, it is a library.

Cynthia: I shall keep my voice low.

(Y/N): And you will slow down my work.

Cynthia: Perhaps that is why I am here?

(Y/N): Are you attempting to sabotage me? I would assume a Champion, the best trainer and battler in the entire region would love to see how these mega-evolutions could impact...well...everything.

Cynthia: I am attempting to get you to take a break.

(Y/N): Did I not do that already with you and that shopping venture?

Cynthia: Yes. But one break is not enough to help you become mentally well. If you continue to push yourself beyond your physical limits, it could lead to you suffering both mentally and physically.

(Y/N): I assure you, Lady Cynthia, I am perfectly mentally and physically well. I have eaten breakfast, I have been getting appropriate 7 to 8 hours of sleep and I have been getting out and about.

Cynthia: Did you a Sycamore get drinks after I left for home?

You stayed silent as you looked at her before going back to work. You could hear her lightly laugh to herself. You rolled your eyes before pushing a book up towards her and bringing out another one.

Cynthia: Might I suggest a small battle?

(Y/N): You would win. Try again.

Cynthia: You don't know that.