Workaholic Therapy

Sycamore slowly lowered Talonflame down onto the roof of the hospital. He got off first and turned to look up at you. You slowly sauntered off and got off of the pokemon and looked over to your friend. He smiled at you and walked over to you and wrapped an arm around your shoulder. He gave you a smile and began to pull you towards the roof access door. From the doorway, a nurse in scrubs and a doctor as well. You glanced up to Sycamore as he gave you a smile.

Sycamore: There is nothing to be worried about. They are here to help you.

You gulped a little as you stepped forward. The doctor walked up and extended his hand to you. You grabbed it and he shook the arm firmly.

Lagono: Hello, (Y/N). I'm Dr. Lagono. I'll be your therapist for today.

You nodded a little as he began to lead you to the stairs. Walking down the stairs and getting into the main halls of the building, you got to see the therapist's office. And now, it was time to start talking and answering the questions left and right. Lagono asked about work, what you did, how long you did it. He then pushed over to asking about Cynthia, the press crap, and Carolina. It honestly had gotten to the point where you guys started talking about your childhood.

You were bullied as a kid, forced into crap by more physical kids, and pushed away from most dreams and the intention to battle and go out around the region. Still, it was enough to push you away from the playground and stay in the classroom. You got lessons from your teachers, you got advancements in some pokemon development, and finally set you on your path for the future.

Still, unable to spend time with your peers may have been the first moment that you got on this workaholic path. From there it was talks about your family. Your parents loved you, but they have complained about you not calling them or talking much to them due to the work schedule you had set up for yourself. So, that was another addition to the cluster that was your life.

Next up was your employment with Carolina and doing your work. You had to admit, you loved what you did. And Lagono began to really dig deep into your brain. Accusations of work tearing you away from everything else. Now, there were some fights here and there, but it wasn't crazy and all-out violent. You just defended your lifestyle but at the same time...you knew it was wrong to even do. But still, you had a lot on your plate. And after six hours of being there, you were finally dismissed from the office.

You walked a little in the streets until you leaned against the wall and sighed a little. You would whip your hands down your face as you hailed a cab and got down to the lab. You had no intention of working, you just were there for the pokemon. You knew it was a problem. And now it was the time you started putting those desires to change into action.

You walked into the lab and saw how empty it was. It was totally dark, blank, no one was present. You walked over to the elevator, scanned in, and went down the shaft. You sighed a little as you went down to your lab only to see the lights were turned on through the little window in the elevator.

Once you stepped through the doors, you saw Cynthia standing in the lab with Empoleon and Carolina. Empoleon ran up to your arms as you hugged him. You patted him on the back as he moved away from you and smiled at you. You looked forward and saw Cynthia standing there. She walked up to you as you moved up to her. You both looked at each other and she walked up and hugged you. You were a bit taken aback but slowly began to hug her back after a few seconds.

You slowly pulled back from her and looked at her with a smile. She cupped your cheek in your hand and nodded a little at you.

Cynthia: Are you better?

(Y/N): A little bit. I'm not certain about it though.

You looked away from her and slowly stepped out in view of Carolina. You slowly turned to her and looked down a little. You weren't disgusted with yourself. Just annoyed this all had to happen at all. Carolina stepped forward towards you as you shifted your head up to her eyes. She placed her hand on your shoulder and gave her your full attention.

Carolina: You are among friends. Staying away from this place will do you some good. You still have those paid vacation days remember?

You snorted a bit but slowly began to smile at her. You gave her a little nod and Carolina understood everything. She stepped away from you as you turned your head back to Cynthia.

Cynthia: You have nothing to worry about. I'm just happy you are safe. Physically at least.

(Y/N): Yeah. Mentally I'm going to need some work.

Cynthia: Well, we are always here to help you. No matter what.

You smiled at Cynthia before glancing down a little to try and clear your head. She reached forward and grabbed your hand, holding it for a few moments as you looked up at her eyes. She gave you a smile as you looked back at her. You also gave a bit of a small smile as you turned back to Empoleon. You walked up to your pokemon and hugged him tightly. You felt Empoleon move his fins behind you and hugged you as well.

You separated from him and saw Empoleon slowly begin to glow. You took a step back in shock as you watched him glow brighter. You turned back to Cynthia in total shock and awe as you witnessed your life work happen to your closet ally. Empoleon slowly began to mega evolve, ending off his transformation about a foot taller and stronger than ever. You gasped a little and just laughed a little as you looked at him fully mega evolved.

(Y/N): Amazing. I...the bond I guess.

Cynthia: A bond and a power that cannot be measured. You should be proud of this.

(Y/N): I don't know if it should just be me.

You smiled a bit as you looked over at her. She slowly moved her head over to you and she gave you a bit of a smile. You turned back to your pokemon and hugged him as he hugged you back. You slowly began to cry tears of joy this time, loving and being freed from the pain of these recent developments.

You couldn't help yourself as you just held onto your friend. Cynthia looked at Carolina and smiled as well as she watched this. You guys had finally had peace for a few moments of your life.

From there, Cynthia would join you and Empoleon walking back to your apartment building. Once you guys got there, you saw Sycamore standing there. He smiled at you and walked up to you as well. Before you even got a word out, he was hugging you as well. He slowly pulled back from you and gave you a pat on the shoulder.

You nodded a little bit as Empoleon began to push you towards the building. He pushed you back up the stairs and began to get up to your room. Cynthia walks up to Sycamore as they watch Empoleon lead you away.

Cynthia: Watch him for tonight.

Sycamore: Don't worry. I will. You just be here in the morning. I think he would prefer you.

Cynthia: Don't give me that. But I do know what you mean. Thank you. For all of this.

Sycamore gave her a salute as he began to walk towards the apartment building. Cynthia nodded once and began to walk away as well. In her hand was a letter she wrote to Lagono, asking for support. She sighs as she looked back to the building and smiles as she walks off into the night.