hope (xF!ResistanceFighter)

Request: when kylo leaves, the reader joins the resistance and they fight against one another. After a while when Kylo suddenly shows up at base, she tries to avoid him. Poe, Finn, and Rey to convince her to talk to him but she refuses. They agree to help Kylo find her. That's when she gives in to talk to him.

The war is over. This much is certain as the large ship touches down. Inside are your friends, the people you've been longing to see once again. You saw Poe in the sky, flying alongside him throughout the final battle. But shooting down fighters is one thing and giving him a big hug is another.
The air is undescribable as the ramp slowly opens, everyone is reeling. Poe's x-wing touches down beside it. There's never been such happy shouting and exclamations of peace on base.

You smile, seeing Poe step from his ship and rip off his helmet to wave it in the air. A sign of victory if you've ever seen one.

Letting out a laugh, you catch his eyes through the crowd. Poe gives you a nod and you nod back, trying to hold back the tears in your eyes.

It's over. All the fighting. It's done now.

Kylo watches you, standing at the base of the ships ramp. That smile. He hasn't seen it in so long - long before you had both taken different paths, unable to follow one another. When you turn back to look at the ship, he can see the tears threatening to spill down your eyes. He recognises those too. His heart picks up as you search the faces for your friends.

At first, your gaze brushes over him, mistaking him for another fighter. But when you look back at him, your face falls completely. His lips part, breathless at the intensity of meeting your gaze once again.

The war is over. The fighting is over. But somehow, looking him in the eyes has the hair on the back of your head standing up. You feel... cold.

He feels it too, sensing the way you're trying so desperately to tear your eyes and your thoughts away from him.

You tear your eyes away from him, looking down as if in pain - as if it hurts you to even see him. Kylo presses his lips into a tight line, trying to keep his eyes on you through the crowd.

But there's so many people. And they're cheering, and shaking hands with Rey and Finn and Chewie and Kylo can barely see you as you begin to fade in the distance.

He excuses himself, gently pushing past the people filing out of the ramp and into the crowd, "I, uh, sorry - sorry, excuse me." Kylo reaches where you once stood.

You're gone. He turns to the right, looking for any signs of where you've run off to. He seeks you in the large, loud, crowd but you've disappeared.

Kylo still didn't see much of you after that.

Part of him felt like he had seen a ghost - merely an apparition of you, now faded and forever lost in his memory. You were nowhere to be seen, you avoided him like your life depended on it. Anywhere you knew he'd be, you were not. Most days, you spent as much time hidden as you could; in your room, in the mechanics basement, somewhere far from the Bases main building, in the forest. It was obvious. And you didn't care.

Sitting against a large tree, the sun shines on your face. The warmth against your cheek tries it's best to heat you up. But the light against your closed eyes isn't enough.

The Force feels... cold.

Something's missing.

What is it?

"Show me," you whisper, hands placed gently on the dirt beside you, "I don't understand. Please."

There is no answer.