Prologue.

Unknown
————

A thick bead of blood dripped down the boy's face, leaving a red trail in it's path. His nose was battered and bruised from hours of torment, most likely broken. Chains clung to his arms, pulling them apart, exposing his tattered chest where strips of flesh loosened from his body, having been carved with a knife. Where the chains touched his skin, they sizzled, coated in a strange black substance.

A man stood in front of the fourteen-year-old, his dark eyes like pools of shadow as he glowered at the mangled mess in front of him. A cruel snarl twisted at his lips, haunting. The room was suffocating, a room meant for torture such as this.

With a rare speed, the man's gloved fists met the boy's stomach repeatedly. The air was driven from the young teen's lungs with a gasp, his face constricting into an expression of pure agony. Despite the assault on the boy's mauled stomach, the man's eyes calculatingly watched over the teen's face, eyes bright with interest. When he saw the youth's reaction, he glowered and pulled away, letting him catch his breath.

"Pathetic. Don't react," he hissed at the boy, "We keep going until you stop reacting." The boy's head drooped as he sagged against the chains, the words of disappointment washing over him. "Go inwards. Fight the response."

Faster than he had finished speaking, the tall man's gloved fist connected with the teen's temple, a sickening crack filling the torture chamber. The boy's head flew back against the wall behind him, chocolate brown hair flying everywhere. Something in his brain clicked, the click they had been waiting for, as he felt himself draw inwards, separating himself from the external pain. His lidded eyes remained open, a cut below his eyebrow dribbling crimson blood onto his eyelid. Other than a slight flare of his nostrils, his face remained expressionless as he met the dark gaze of the man in front of him. Black and blue bruises coated his face and neck.

A cruel grin seeped onto the man's lips as he observed the teen with an intense stare. "Now that's what I'm talking about!" His voice gained volume as he grew excited. The boy winced at the sound but the man did not scold him, too elated at the break through they had just made. This was the lesson the man had been trying to teach the boy for years, using any form of pain or torture he could think of. "We're done for today," he decided, pulling a key from his pocket and unlocking the chains from the boy's sensitive wrists.

The teen knew this was still part of the test and instead of crumpling to the ground like he wanted to, he remained stood, pushing his shoulders back as he practically shoved himself off the wall. Every bone in his body screamed in pain and every cut burned as if he had touched the sun. Despite it all, he leveled his gaze with the tall man, drawing himself up to his full height and wiping any emotion from his face. The man's murderous gaze twinkled with pleasure at the sight.

The teen lifted his hands to his nose, forcing them not to shake. With a quick jerk, he popped his broken nose back into place so it would heal properly, knowing it wouldn't be long before the injury was completely fine. He rolled his neck along the length of his shoulders, loosening the tension all the while maintaining eye contact with the brooding man.

The man smirked lazily, reaching out to the teen with his leather gloved hand. This time, his touch was shockingly gentle as he squeezed his shoulder. The boy held back a wince of pain at the contact, not wanting to break his streak. "We might make a killer out of you yet, Poison."

'Poison' remained unblinking, simultaneously proud and confused at the man's affirmations and approval, having never received it before. "I'll get there soon enough, Father," he grunted, shifting his weight.

Just like that, the man's eyes filled with rage at the title. All previous pride was forgotten. "How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that? Never speak of that again," he hissed vehemently.

Poison dipped his head in disgrace, jaw clenching tightly. "Yes, Alpha."

His father grimaced, running a hand along his face in disgust. "Get out of my sight."

Poison raised his eyes to meet his father's briefly, uttering another "Yes, Alpha," before leaving the room and his father standing in the middle of it.

————
10 years later
1 year before present day
————

The young man stalks through the forest effortlessly, his feet not making a sound. His breaths are quiet, controlled, as he hunts his prey. Where is that wolf anyway? he wonders. The man's beast calls for blood, and he is barely able to hold him back, knowing by releasing the beast he would be announcing his presence to the world.

His hands reach up to slowly pull the hoodie down off his head, exposing his chocolate brown hair. Stormy, grey blue eyes dart around the expanse of the forest. He hates when they run; he always finds them. Running just prolongs the inevitable. His head tilts back, eyes closing and a soft breath escaping his lips before he inhales the air, and with it all of the many scents of the forest. His ears strain against the quiet, listening to the silent flutter of leaves as the wind pushes past them. It would almost be considered peaceful.

Almost.

The man tilts his head slightly. The next moment, his arm shoots behind him, grabbing an arrow from midair poised at the center of his back. He slowly turns, holding the arrow up to his face in scrutiny. He wishes he could say this response is new, but at least his prey didn't run.

His eyes scan his surroundings, his face void of emotion. He's just doing his job. The poor soul he's hunting happened to be unlucky enough to catch him in his task.

Alpha only gave him three rules.

1. Don't speak.
2. Show no emotion.
3. Kill anyone who sees you.

He didn't dare break any of the rules. He knows what would happen if he did.

He drops the arrow, sighing in resignation as he then pulls off the leather gloves that cover his hands. Casually, he glances around again, pretending as if he didn't see his poor prey aiming his bow once again at him. He could at least give him a semblance of hope.

Once again, the arrow flies towards the young man, this time from the side. He swiftly grabs it out of midair with the hand not holding his gloves, turning to face the werewolf.

The disgruntled man in front of him opens and then closes his mouth, eyes wide. He knows. He knows he can't win this fight. Even from this distance, the killer can see the sweat pooling on his lip and forehead. He tucks his gloves in the back pocket of his pants before heading towards his prey. The werewolf in front of him fumbles as he draws another arrow in his bow. The killer pushes his hoodie's sleeves up his forearms.

The arrow once again flies, straight for the killer's face. This time, he effortlessly tilts his head to the side, the arrow embedding into a tree behind him as it misses. Before his prey can fumble for another arrow, the killer is upon him, surprising his prey as all he does is reach out to lightly touch his prey's wrist with one of his ungloved hands.

The prey blinks in confusion as a wave of pleasure sweeps over him, lifting his eyes to look into the storm colored eyes of his killer. As soon as he is released from the grip, the pleasure fades and an eery calm encompasses him. He feels his limbs go limp, numbness filtering through his body. In the next moment, he's crumpled on the ground, blinking in a daze. Then the pain hits, unlike any other type of pain, feeling like someone is burning him from the inside out, pressing a blowtorch to the insides of his flesh. He tries to open his mouth in a scream but his lips don't even twitch and his voice fails him.

He suffers in silent agony as the assassin stares down at him, still with that stone cold fortitude of nothingness on his face. Within minutes, the man is dead. The killer blinks once before turning and walking away.

————
Author's Note.

Why do you think Alpha is having Poison do all this?

What do you think of Poison?

Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote if you liked it!

Xoxo
Sydnee