《 14 》

《 14 》

Present Day |

I woke up feeling like a million yen. I couldn't believe what the past couple of days have had in store for me. I just couldn't understand it.

How did I get so lucky?

I sat up in bed and stretched my arms over my head, with a wide grin upon my face. "Oh, well. Who cares! Hahahaha."

I got up from my bed, but I didn't bother putting my clothes on yet, and I entered into my living room, and for some reason I wasn't that surprised that Namie was there.

"Oh, Namie, good morning. I see you're back~~"

"Hmm... disturbing. That's how I'd describe that greeting. What's wrong with you?" Namie said, "You're never happy. Unless you're up to something."

"Me?" I laughed, "I'm not up to anything. I've just had a good couple of days. I see you're back."

"Yes. Well, I need to work and earn a living. What else was I supposed to do?" Namie glared.

"Hey, I didn't mean that in a bad way. I was just saying. I didn't think you'd be back, that's all."

"Right? OK." Namie glanced at me suspiciously, "So, you've been having a good couple of days. How come?"

I entered into the kitchen and made myself something to eat and a coffee. "Well, I've been hanging out with someone that makes me happy that is all."

"Oh, wow, thank you." Namie glared, "Sorry, my presence is so difficult and painful for you."

I gave a short laugh, "Don't pretend you like being here, doing this work under my company. You deal with it, and that's all."

Namie didn't say anything to that and neither did I. I just finished my food and drink before getting dressed. I quickly checked my computer and thankfully I didn't have any clients for weeks.

But, that wasn't true, because I did, but I had been avoiding them and only picked the odd one because I had decided long ago that being an info broker wasn't me, and what I wanted to do anymore. I knew at some point, I would probably try and start a new business. It would be hard, I knew, but I would try my best with whatever I decided to do next.

But, a small part of me was worried because I wasn't sure what I was good at. Was I even good at anything past gathering info on people?

I wasn't sure.

I grabbed my coat, money, my phone and my keys and I walked to the door.

"Where are you going?" Namie asked before I could get to the door.

"I'm going out. I'll be back soon. You can leave if you want. There's nothing really for you to do. But, if you want to stay, that's fine."

"Wait, who are you going to meet?"

"You wouldn't believe me even if I told you." or maybe you would. I love Shizuo which on the surface doesn't make any sense, but you love your brother and that doesn't make sense either. Oh, well.

Maybe that's just how love is. You fall for who you fall for. Love isn't weird no matter what. Or maybe that's just my way of thinking. Ah, who cares?

I knew Shizuo would be at work, and I didn't want to bother him. So, I walked the streets, and enjoyed the sights around me. Well, I tried to. It was hard without Shizuo. Almost terrifying. I hated being alone. It made me feel vulnerable.