chapter three : oh shit

Today we were getting a tour of the ESPN building before we drove out to Arrowhead Stadium to interview some of the star players.  Right now our boss, Ben Martin, was showing us the studio where we would be on days that we weren't on the field.  

I felt guilty leaving Milo behind, especially since yesterday was his first day with us.  He didn't do too well last night sleeping on his pillow and since I couldn't sleep well either, I brought him in my room.  He was somewhat potty trained already but he still needed some work.  When he slept in my bed with me we both went right to sleep.  

"If you think this is huge you should see the headquarters," he joked with a laugh and we followed him to the lounge area where we could eat lunch.  

We finished the tour of the place when he brought us into another room to meet the team we would be working with.

"This is the rest of the crew that you'll have with you today and most days that you will be at games - Chase, Paul and Lindsay.  Guys this is Katherine and Natalia.  Go make some magic happen.  Make me proud," he introduced us as he rubbed his hands together.  

"Hey guys, I'm Katherine but you can call me Kat," I tell them all as Natalia introduces herself.

"I'm Chase, this is Paul and Lindsay.  I'll be helping you with the mic situations and Paul and Lindsay will be working with Natalia.  We ready to go?"

"Let's do this," Natalia said.

"Let's roll out," Paul chimed in.  "Have you guys ever been to Arrowhead Stadium before?"

"Never," I shake my head.

"You're in for a treat then," Lindsay commented with a smirk.

*

"You weren't kidding," I said after we pulled up and got the equipment out of the car.

Arrowhead Stadium was huge.  I had heard that it has some of the best fans because they're the loudest stadium so I was excited to meet the players.  I know that they were already done with training camp and were back to practices now.  

"Yeah, it's one of the loudest stadium's too," Lindsay says with a smirk as we walk in and I marvel at the stadium as we walk in.  

I still wasn't sure why Natalia had such strong hate towards Tyreek.  I mean, we don't even know the people and what really happened, yet she was convinced he was a horrible person who needed to be locked up for life.  Me on the other hand, wasn't convinced either way and I had no opinion on the subject.  All I knew was that he was so damn good on the field and there was a reason why he was nicknamed cheetah.  I do know that they are broken up again but that there was an investigation surrounding child abuse from both parents.  There was a ton of people disappointed in the fact that the NFL wasn't going to discipline him and they allowed him to come back for the season.  As a sports commentator though, unfortunately, we weren't allowed to say our opinion's when we released news like this on ESPN.  We had to give the generic statement that we hoped everyone involved was okay.  

Walking in, we met with the head coach Andy Reid.  We also met with Dave Toub who was the offensive coordinator and Eric Bieniemy as the defensive coordinator.  

"Thanks for letting us come here today to interview some of your players," I told coach Andy Reid and he smiled at me through his mustache.  

"You're welcome.  They know it's all part of the job and they all love ESPN.  So it seems as though this will be the first of many times we'll be working with each other," Andy told me and Natalia.  "Your boss messaged me last week and told me that you'll be the the one interviewing the players during games."