chapter four : fate or coincidences

I was busy today watching old games of the Chief's from last season as I tried to get a feel for the players and how they played for the past two hours.  I studied their offense and defense teams as I made notes about some of the plays that stood out to me and some of the fumbles they had.  

One thing that stood out to me the most?

Patrick rarely got any dropped interceptions.  

Many compared him to Tom Brady but I liked how humble he was and just brushed aside those comments and put the focus back on his teammates.  It was refreshing to see that the fame that he had hasn't gotten to him so far.  Hopefully it stayed that way.

After a couple of hours, I decided to get up as I took off my blue light glasses that I always wore when using my laptop and got Milo's leash and called him over.  

"Want to go to the dog park?" I ask him as his tail wags and I get the bags for him as well and my things as we leave the apartment.  

Natalia had to run to the pharmacy for some medication so I sent her a text and let her know where I would be with Milo.  His new collar had come in a couple days ago from Etsy and it looked so good on him.  I had bought him an olive green one because Natalia and I thought the blue would look odd on him.  I made a stop at Smoothie King before going to the dog park and bought an Island Impact smoothie that had pineapple, mango, papaya juice blend, apple pineapple juice blend and protein blend.  

*

"Fancy seeing you here," I hear a voice behind me which freaked me out and made me jump a little before I turned around and saw who it was.

"Oh my God," I laughed as I saw Patrick at the dog park and he looked at me as he laughed as well.

"This is some weird shit going on," he commented, equally surprised.

"You're telling me," I laughed as I let Milo off the leash and he right away went running to play with the other dogs.  

"Are you sure you aren't stalking me?" He teased as he looked at me with an amused smile and I scoffed.

"Oh please, don't tell me you think that highly of yourself," I replied, joking with a smile.  "This is so weird.  You have dogs?"

"Yeah," he nodded his head as he pointed to the two dogs that had gone up to Milo now.  "You see those two?  They're mine.  Silver and Steel."

"Cute," I let out a small aw as I saw them playing with Milo.  "Listen, I'm sorry about the other day," she started off.  "It was totally unprofessional of me.  I just didn't think that you were you," I said and made a face as I scrunched my nose up and laughed slightly as I closed my eyes.  "That came out weird.  I just didn't think you were the Patrick Mahomes is what I meant."

He laughed slightly and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I get it and don't worry about it.  I didn't think it was you either."

"You know who I am?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah," he let out a laugh.  "I watch ESPN religiously and always see your interviews.  You're pretty famous for being young."

"I don't know about famous," I scoffed at the word as I had never liked it.  "I'm just doing my job."

"Just like I'm doing my job," he teased back as he leaned in a little bit and looked at me.

"Point taken," I laughed.

"So, is that one your dog?" He asked pointing to Milo.

"Technically yes," I told him.