chapter six : ruff life

It was a hectic morning.  First it was that I was running late for work which was not normal of me, then there was stop and go traffic.  This morning was a hot mess.  I only hoped it would get better through out the day.

"Your late," my coworker told me as I pulled into the building.

Normally Natalia and I drove to work together to save time and gas but I told her to go ahead.  Now, I was paying the price for it.  I heard my phone go off and I opened it up to see  a text from Patrick and I playfully roll my eyes.

Patrick: naughty being late to work 

Kat: shut up lol.  I'm just glad I didn't get in trouble.

Patrick: Luckily you live in a city where people are more understanding 

Kat: I know.  In LA my boss was so rude.  I should have gotten an earlier start though.  Gotta go boss is coming.

The three bubbles showed that he was typing a reply but before I could see what he wrote, I exited out of my text messages and locked my phone and stuffed it in my pocket before my boss could see.  

"How's the interviews with the Chief's going?" Ben asked wanting to make sure the timeline was going good.  

"It's good," I told him as we began walking.  "Almost finished for it to air next week."

"Excellent," Ben smiled at the deadline being good to go.  "I expect an update on when your team is done editing the video."

"I'll send you an email," I tell him and he nods his head before going into his office and leaving me to be.  

"How'd the talk with Ben go?" Natalia asked me a while later.

"It went good," I tell her.  "He's really pleased with how far we've come on the interviews."

"Good," she let out a sigh of relief.

Since we were new at the Kansas City location we couldn't afford any fuck up's right away.  So far Ben seemed like a pretty lenient boss but having come from California, I didn't really trust anyone easily, especially in the sports business.  It seemed like every move was calculated and people used people to get somewhere.  I didn't want my life to be that way and I made a conscious effort not to associate with people like that.

*

Milo's graduation from puppy school training was today.  Natalia and I couldn't believe that the last six weeks had flied by so quickly.  It had also meant that it had been exactly a month that I've been living in Kansas City.  It was different and sometimes I was lonely since I didn't have any other friends besides Natalia and Patrick but having Milo and my job kept us busy.  

We had exactly one month left until the football season officially started and all of us were hyped up for this year.  Maybe it felt different because Natalia and I were now contracted by the Kansas City Chiefs or maybe it was because I was actually friends with Patrick.  I always loved the football season because that meant that fall time was coming which was my favorite season of all.  

I had heard from Nat and Patrick that Kansas City actually had different seasons and while I wasn't completely packed for it, during this month I had done some early shopping.  A little shopping never hurt anyone, right?

"I'll meet you there," I text Natalia as I leave our apartment with Milo since I knew she was just leaving Aldi's for groceries.

*