13

2021
The Amazon

"So how badly did you guys fall out?" Sprite walked to my right as we started walking from the town we flew to.

"I wouldn't say it was the worst but definitely in that range." I forced a smile showing how this topic made me uncomfortable. She looked at me and nodded her head.

"You know. I always thought you guys were like end game! You guys were like soulmates, can't believe you guys actually broke up! I mean druig really loved you and you guys-" kingo started to talk as we all stopped walking and looked back to him. The stares of all of us with a face of disbelief told him to shut up, he looked at us and smiled awkwardly.

"What too soon?" He forced a smile and we continued to walk through the trees.

"I think I'll let you guys go ahead and talk to him and I'll sit out this time." I spoke as we started to see the village far up ahead.

"What? He won't agree unless you're there cora, it was part of the deal that you talk to him." Sprite spoke up.

"No sprite I said I'd lead you here and I did. My part of the deal is done. I'm not going to make him choose a side or what to do. I don't even know if either of the sides are good." I let out a breath and stopped talking.

"What do you mean you don't even know what side to pick cora?" Sersi looked back at me. I sighed and looked down.

"Sersi I know you love this world but a celestial is bigger than all of us, who are we to even try and put it to sleep. What if Arishem finds out? Have you guys even thought about what would happen to us? What he would do to us?" I looked around and no one said anything. I nodded my head in disappointment.

"Of course you haven't. Yet again you want me and druig to risk our lives to save this planet and take the consequences too? How selfish can you guys be!" I continued to walk into the familiar town. Everyone followed behind me quietly. We walk past a few people and I force a smile to greet them. I look around the village and so much has changed, new buildings. More light. Even more equipment.

"Hey we're looking for druig. Where is he?" Sprite asked a man in blue as he turned around to face her.

"Yes, how do you know druig?" He asked.

"We're friends from college... and that's his ex girlfriend." Sprite pointed to me. I close my eyes and bring my hands over my face in embarrassment and annoyance. His eyes turned the familiar gold I used to see everyday. We turn to the main building hall.

The doors slowly opened.

He walked down the steps as we walked to him as well.

"I've missed all of you. Cora, very surprising to see you here. Please, make yourselves at home." He  softly smiled. I just looked at his eyes, those bright blue eyes I used to wake up to every morning. My heart starts pounding out of my chest and I look down so I don't make eye contact. Everyone starts walking into the main hall, leaving druig still standing in place and me looking at the muddy floor wishing I didn't bring my vans.

"Cora. Your cheek. Who did this to you?" He spoke. It was rough, not a question, more of a statement. I look at him and he had a dull look. He spoke as if I had to tell him.

"Nothing happened I'm fine." I looked down. After silence made it awkward I spoke up again.

"I wasn't going to come, you know since you told me to never come here ever again remember?" I tilted my head and crossed my arms. He watched me gain confidence and smirked.

"Where's your little boyfriend of yours? ... Was he the one who did that?" He lost his smile. The doors closed leaving just us outside of the main hall. I rolled my eyes.