Dream or Not ?

Welcome back guys!!

Lets go into the story ;)

--------------------------

The Third Night

"That's great honey! Did you take a picture? Can you send it to me? Perfect! Looks like I got a new wallpaper? What? Oh, she's fine. Yeah no, there hasn't been any sort of attempt against her life. Okay I'll tell her you say hi. Listen, I have to hang up; the hotel only allows the first 10 minutes of out of village calls be free, and I don't want your family to get another bill because of me. Can't wait to see you again. Love you too Hinata. Bye," with a final kiss he hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Naruto turned to see Hanabi walking out of the bathroom in her pajamas.

"Hinata. She says hi by the way."

She scowled, "are you making long distance calls on the Hyuga clan's funds?"

"I asked the receptionist and she told me that every room gets ten minutes free per day when making long distance calls," he assured her.

"And what if I needed to make a call home now?" she crossed her arms and glared at him.

He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, "I...I didn't think of that..."

"You're right, you didn't," she flicked his forehead, "fortunately, I don't have to."

"Then why did you—?!"

"Because this is still a mission and you are still my employee. I know I said it wasn't as dangerous as the briefing said, but you still decided to take the job anyway. So I expect you to be professional and not have your personal life get in the way."

"Geez it was just a phone call. I'm sorry I wanted to check on my wife and kids to see how they were doing," he replied bitterly.

Hanabi was about to respond—most likely with something snide—but stopped herself. Taking a deep breath, she looked at Naruto, "I'm sorry."

"Huh?"

"I snapped at you, again, and I shouldn't have done that. I'm the head of the Hyuga clan, and I should act like it instead of acting like a spoiled brat."

"I mean, yeah, it was uncalled for. Though I guess I can kind of understand why you are in such a bad mood; these meetings can be a drag, and if it were me I would also—"

"No it's not that. Trust me, I'm more than used to long drawn out meetings by now, we have like two every week by home. No, the reason I got mad was because...because you were talking to my sister...and I got jealous."

"...what do you mean?" Naruto asked carefully, though he could hear alarms blaring in his head.

Hanabi sighed, walking to her bed and taking a seat. After a moment of silence she said, "Konohamaru and I are...going through a rough patch."

"Oh..." he blinked, unsure of what to respond.

"Gods, this is so stupid," she grabbed a pillow and buried her face in it before letting out a muffled groan, "here I am trying to broker a new treaty with the Hidden Cloud village, and I'm letting a stupid relationship get in my head like some teenager still in the academy."

"I see...well..." Naruto stumbled, trying to think of what to say. He had heard that Hanabi and Konohamaru had become an item about a year ago, but he never looked into the details of their relationship. Mostly because he was too busy with his own things and he was never one to be into gossip.

"That's why when I heard you and my sister talking on the phone, hearing you be all lovey dovey, I just...I just got jealous of what she had," she said poking her fingers together embarrassed, "and I took it all out on you. I shouldn't have done that. I just...I want something like that with a guy that I like."