1 - A day at Eggman's lair

It was a normal day at Seaside Island, a normal day at Hedgehog Village, a normal day for Team Sonic, and a normal day for Dr. Eggman. Weeks passed and neither he or Shadow made a single show-up. Eggman was thinking, he was thinking about a new plan to defeat Sonic and his team, but he alway ran out of ideas. In the meantime, he built a Metal Team Sonic and a Metal Shadow, but he never showed them to Team Sonic.

This day in Eggman's lair's main room, Metal Amy, Metal Shadow and Eggman were playing a three-players chess, while Metal Knuckles and Metal Sticks were re-visiting Eggman's lair to see all the rooms.

Metal Amy: Doctor?

Eggman: Mmh?

Metal Amy: If I defeat you, but there's still Metal Shadow, what happens to the rest of your pieces?

Eggman: You take control of them, which increases your chances of defeating the other opponent.

Metal Amy: Oh.

Metal Shadow (singing):🎵 Oh, oobee doo🎵 I wanna be like you🎵 I wanna walk like you🎵 🎵Talk like you, too🎵

By hearing this, Eggman became quiet, he immediately had an idea of a plan.

Metal Shadow: Checkmate, Eggman! Eggman?

Eggman: Oh? Nice.*gets up* Continue playing, I think I have a plan.

Metal Knuckles & Metal Sticks *arrives on the lair's main room*: What?!

Eggman walked to his laboratory. Metal Knuckles, Metal Sticks, and Metal Shadow were quiet while looking at each other. Then Metal Amy broke the silence.

Metal Amy: Checkmate, Metal Shadow!