8. Fancy!

When the clock struck 8:30 PM, Squidward and Octavius met at the opulent dining establishment known simply as 'Fancy.' The octopus sported a white tuxedo with a violet dress shirt. In addition, he wore a magenta-colored bowtie around his neck. The squid wore a black suit with a deep-purple-colored cravat and a red boutonnière.

The colossal building's exterior resembled the shape of a ship-in-a-bottle. A large, yellow ramp was present in front of the entrance. There rested a sign reading "Fancy" upon the ship's top. Inside the restaurant, there was a neat little reception area and a lengthy kitchen, likely to withstand many chefs. The tables were aligned with white cloths, decorative lanterns, and a single rose in a vase. The seats were cushioned, sporting a jade-green decor. Off to the side, there was a stage with a fish gentleman in a black tuxedo, playing the piano with great ease.

The duo of cephalopods entered the restaurant's vicinity and approached the reception area. "A table for two, please?" Squidward inquired, addressing the young fish lady who stood behind the counter. "Our reservation should be under the surname 'Tentacles.'" "Right away!" the female responded, her tone optimistic and preppy. "Follow me, please." She led them to a secluded area in the back of the building, draped behind an elegant set of mauveine-colored curtains. A golden chandelier hung from the ceiling, and the place had its very own restroom facility.

"The private dining area, as you requested," said the fish lady with a bright smile. Once Squidward and Octavius took their seats, she draped red-velvet colored napkins over their laps in a graceful manner. "Your private waiter will be here shortly to take your order. May I get you two anything to drink?" "I'll have a glass of the sparkling berry mineral soda water," Squidward informed the female. "I'll take a glass of iced tea," said Octavius. The fish lady nodded and jotted down their orders on a small notepad. "Got it," she replied with a polite nod. "I'll have those out to you in no time!" She pocketed her notepad and left for the kitchen.

Octavius smiled at his fellow cephalopod companion. "You know, I gotta hand it to you, Squidward," he said. "This is amazing."

"It is, isn't it?"

"Deciding to treat me out to the fanciest restaurant in town, albeit it in the PRIVATE dining area? That makes me feel pretty special."

"Yeah." Squidward was admittedly a little nervous, but he did everything to maintain his composure. "I've greatly appreciated our friendship," he continued. "I never thought I'd see the day where I met someone in Bikini Bottom with such culture and sophistication. Octavius, you deserve only the very best."

"That's very kind of you," answered the squid. "But-"

At that moment, the female fish returned to pour the duo their drinks. "Your waiter has arrived," she announced, presenting their private caterer for the evening.

Squidward's heart felt as though it sank. Standing directly in front of him was a familiar-looking sea sponge with an enthusiastic smile and glee shining brightly in his blue eyes. He wore a black tuxedo and held a napkin draped over his arm. In his free hand, he had a notepad, ready to jot down food orders. "Hi, Squidward! I'll be your private waiter for the evening!"

"S-S-S-S-SPONGEBOB?!"