In the woods

~Your POV~
I've been wandering around for hours, knowing that I can't stop. "If I stop they will catch me." That is probably the only thought that is making me keep going.

Though I'm not sure if I even should keep going.. maybe I should just let them catch me.. I'm not worth living a different life than this anyway.

After maybe five more minutes I fell into the grass out of exhaustion and lack of sleep. But I couldn't sleep just like that.. the sun was standing high in the sky and I couldn't help but feel like I was hearing voices..

I stood up again. I had to keep going. I started searching for something edible because I also haven't eaten or drunk anything in like the past 48 hours.

Actually, all I had on me was my almost completely destroyed dress.. The dress in which I was supposed to marry him.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a river! I screamed in relief and ran over to drink. It was really refreshing and when I stood up again I was shocked to see some Papaya trees.

I grabbed a few and ate them. I looked for something to carry them around with me but I couldn't find anything, so I decided to spend the night here.

I spent some of the time I had until the evening to gather some wood to build a little tent and to make a fire.

Around half an hour after I build the tent I finally managed to light a fire. I sat down and started thinking. Thinking about..

A crack.. wait?! A crack??

I suddenly jumped up and saw a tiger. Shit what am I supposed to do in a situation like this?!

I closed my eyes. Just when I thought I was about to die, I heard the voice of a child. "Hey don't be scared!! It's alright he won't hurt you!" He sounded like a nice and caring person.

I opened my eyes to see a boy sitting on the back of the tiger. He was wearing a yellow shirt with a red ribbon around his neck and a pair of brown pants.

He jumped down and introduced himself: "Hi, my name is Antonio! Antonio Madrigal!" I was too shocked to say anything. A little boy riding the back of a tiger? What was actually happening?

"Ahh sorry you must be confused.. you know, my family has magical gifts. For example I can talk to animals, they're my friends" the boy said proudly and with a huge smile on his face.

I finally managed to speak. "Um.. Hi I'm y/n.. Nice to meet you Antonio!" Gosh. I must look horrible right now. But it didn't seem to bother Antonio.

"Nice to meet you too y/n!" Wow, back where I lived no one was this nice to me.

Antonio continued to talk: "My sister Dolores heard you today. Her gift is super-hearing! She can hear things that are like reeeaally far away! Well anyways"

He started getting serious again. "She heard you talk to yourself and didn't recognize your voice, so she told us and we decided to start looking for you"

It suddenly started to rain. But wasn't it super sunny just five minutes ago? I don't remember any clouds either?

"Ohh that must've been my mom, Pepa. Her mood affects the weather and weell- I bet she's worried about us.. Our family would love to let you live in our Casita! That's why we came to look for you! But you gotta decide fast, it's getting dark!"

I didn't really have a choice. My fire went out because of the rain and this Antonio didn't seem like a bad guy.

I took a deep breath and said: "Ok, I will come with you" "Great! Follow me!" Was Antonio's
answer.

He hopped back onto the tiger and started riding away. I had trouble to not loose track, but we eventually arrived in a beautiful town. There were beautiful flowers everywhere. And at the end of a street there was a huge colorful house.

Just as Antontio started slowing down a little I noticed people were staring at me. Well I don't blame them for it, After all I look like I just got out of a serious fight. I looked at the floor while I was walking towards the colorful house.

When we arrived I saw a woman and a man, both probably around 50 years old. The woman was wearing a yellow dress and a thundering cloud was above her head.

But as soon as she saw Antonio, the cloud faded and the sun started to shine again. That was probably his mother Pepa.

She came towards us and said with a worried undertone: "There you are my little Tonito!! Where have you been??" "I found the source of the voice!" Antonio said pointing towards me, proudly smiling.

Pepa looked at me shocked "Oh sweetheart come inside! You must be hungry!!" She came over to me and led me inside the huge entrance hall.

Suddenly another woman with a purple dress came over. She looked like she was about 70 years. She introduced herself as Alma Madrigal. "But you can just call me Abuela. Dear y/n, I'd love to have you stay here."

I wondered how she knew my name but I cared more about the fact that I was gonna have a place to stay at. I was so thankful but also a little skeptical. Why is this family so nice to me?

—————————
Finishing the first chapter of my first fanfiction with a question 💪 English is not my first language so please don't judge me 😭 I don't know if I will upload new chapters regularly but I'll try to. Huge credits also go to @simpforcartoons04 and @someshigi who inspired me to do this fanfiction