The Casita

"You probably wonder how I know your name, right?" I just nodded silently. Abuela continued to speak "Did Antonio tell you about his sister Dolores? Her gift is super-hearing. She heard you and Antonio talking and told me your name"

"Oh right.. Now that you mention it, I do remember Antontio telling me about Dolores" I responded.

Abuela took my hand and led me upstairs. She pointed towards a really bright candle. "This is the candle that gave us this home. The candle that gave us our gifts."

I was shocked. This candle? Magical powers? A whole house?

"We were given a miracle in our darkest moment. A place to protect us. And now we use our gifts to protect and help others. That's why we want to let you stay here" were Abuelas words.

I looked at her. I smiled for the first time in really long. "Thank you, Abuela." But my smile got a little smaller when I asked "I know you want to help, but I am a complete stranger to you. I.. might be a.. bad guy..?"

"Oh no my dear. You seem like you have gone through a lot. I don't think you're a bad guy. I trust you"

Woah. I didn't really know what to say so I just mumbled a quiet "thank you" again.

Then Abuela shouted a name "Mirabel!!" A girl with short brown hair, glasses and a really pretty dress came over to us.

"Yes Abuela?" the girl said enthusiastically. "This is y/n. I want you to show her the encanto." "Alright!! Hi y/n! I'm Mirabel" that's how she introduced herself.

Before Abuela left she told us that I'm gonna live in the nursery with Mirabel. "K! Come with me y/n!!" Mirabel said grabbing my arm and pulling me after her.

While we were going towards the nursery, I noticed that all the doors were glowing golden.

Except for two doors. One looked pretty simple but the other one.. It looked like the other doors but without the golden glow. There was a name written on it.. "Bruno"

Before I could think about it any longer we arrived at the nursery. "Ok not to be mean.. but.. you really need a shower.." "Ah no don't worry you're right" Mirabel sighed and said "While you take a shower, I'll look for some clothes."

She showed me the bathroom and I went to take a shower.

While I was showering, I thought about this family.. They're really strange, but nice. No one ever treated me like this back where I used to live..

The shower felt amazing. When I got out, I saw Mirabel sewing something.. "Mirabel? What are you doing?" I asked. Apparently she didn't notice me walk in "Gosh, y/n don't scare me like that." She held up a beautiful dress. It was a turquoise dress that had red flowers all over it.

"D-did you make That?" I asked. "Yup!! I might not have a gift, but I'm good at sewing!" She said proudly. She doesn't have a gift? But everyone here has one?

She started talking again as she saw the confused look on my face "Ohh, Abuela didn't tell you?" I shook my head. "Well yeah I'm the only Madrigal with no gift, that's also why I don't have my own door.. So I'm staying in the nursery!"

Suddenly the floor started moving and making sounds. Mirabel said "Shit, it's already that late? Uhm.. you know what? I'll bring you some food."

I didn't listen because it was uhm.. surprising that this house could move and talk to Mirabel. "Uhm.. can everyone here communicate with this.. house?.." I asked.

"Oh no only me and Abuela are able to communicate with casita. Did you listen to what I said though?"

I looked at the floor and shook my head "Sorry" "Oh no it's fine!! I'm gonna get you some food and introduce you to the family tomorrow. While I'm getting the food, you can change."

"Thank you" I whispered as Mirabel left. She didn't hear it, so I just went to change into the dress.

Just as I finished changing and brushing my hair, the door was opened and I saw Mirabel. But she didn't have any food with her.

I didn't want to sound mean but I was literally starving so I quietly said "Didn't you want to get me food..?" She responded "Oh uh yea.. I forgot"

Why was she acting so weird? Just as I wanted to start talking again, I heard Mirabels voice again. But it wasn't the Mirabel that was.. standing.. in front of me?..

Mirabel shouted "Camiloo!! You're confusing her!" Suddenly the Mirabel that was standing in front of me turned into a guy. He was wearing a yellow Ruana (hope that's right now)

He was about the same age as Mirabel and had brown hair too. "Hm, worth a shot" he said before leaving.

The (hopefully) real Mirabel came into the nursery with a plate of food and apologized "Sorry, that was my primo Camilo. His gift is shapeshifting"

"Oh ok thanks for explaining" I looked at the plate and Mirabel noticed. "Ah sorry!! Let's sit down on the bed and eat"

I sat down on Mirabels bed and started eating. "Omg This Food is so good!" "My Mama made it. She makes food that can heal people!" Mirabel told me.

"I love the dress" I said after we were silent for a while "I'm glad you do! Uhm.. I don't want to force you to say anything but.. why were you in the woods?"

I was quiet. I wasn't sure if I should tell her.. "Well.. I uh.. ran away" that wasn't the whole truth, but also not a lie.

"I see. Well, we should go to sleep now" I was reliefed that she didn't ask any more questions. She knows that there is more behind this,but she also knows that I'm not ready to tell her yet.

Mirabel gave me some other clothes to sleep with and we both went to sleep. It was so awesome to finally be able to sleep.

————————
Heyy guys sorry that there wasn't any interaction with Isabela yet. I just thought it didn't fit but I promise you that she will be in the next chapter.