The Nervous Shape Shifter ~Camilo x Reader~

[ Your Pov]

{This is kinda based off of a TikTok I saw where someone said that if Camilo had a crush on someone he probably shape shifts into them a lot}

I was walking towards the famous Casita, looking for the kids I was supposed to be babysitting.

I knew I shouldn't have given that kid coffee!

Then I heard one of the kids yell.

"She was about to tell her about her super awesome gift!"

"Oh Mirabel didn't get one. Mh!" That was Dolores talking. I started to run towards the voices I heard.

Then I accidentally ran into someone, we both fell down on to the grass.

"Ow..." I muttered, rubbing the arm I fell on. I was about to yell at the person I ran into, but then I looked up and saw Camilo.

He looked at me and his eyes went wide. We stared for a few moments, waiting for the other to do something.

"Uh...hi?" That was my attempt to make things less awkward.

He shape shifted into me for a second, then back into himself for a moment, then back into me for a second.

It was like his gift was out of control for some reason.
This glitch kept occuring. It didn't stop, I was getting concerned.

"Hey is everything okay? You keep shape shifting." I got up, walked over, and sat down beside him.

He nodded, still shape shifting.
His face was red, it made his freckles even more noticeable.

"Are you sure? Is something wrong with you gift? I'm getting concerned." I asked and put a hand on his shoulder.

That only made the glitch worse.
It started happening more quickly over and over again.

"Camilo! Are you and your power alright?!"

He nodded again quickly.
Then he stood up and walked a few steps away from me.

The glitching....stopped.

"Am I causing your gift to glitch?" I felt bad. I don't wanna ruin his powers.

Camilo looked at me, face still somewhat red.

"I..." He finally said something.

"I-Its not you...it's me." He answered.

Well that doesn't make any sense!

"What do you mean?" I was confused.

"Uh-"
"Well...I um.."

It was cute...seeing him stammer and stutter. You never would expect someone like him to be nervous.

"It's just the way I see you I guess." Camilo looked down at the grass, rubbing his arms.

"The way you see me? Well how do you see me?" I wanted a answer. That's not too much to ask for, right?

Camilo stared at me again. His mouth was open, like he wanted to say something but couldn't for some reason.

"Well? Can I have an answer?" Who would have thought I would get somewhat annoyed by one of the Marigals.

He whispered something, I couldn't hear what it was though.

"I can't hear you, can you repeat that?"

I seriously wanted an answer.
Not to mention the fact that I still have to find the kids.

"I like you ok?!" He exclaimed.

I blinked a few times.

"Ok? And? You like a lot of people in the village-"

"Not in that way. The...romantic way." His face was red once again.

I was dumbfounded.

Me? Out of all people me?

"Wait really? This isn't some joke or something is it?"

His gift started to do the glitch again.

"You really think I don't mean it? Cause there's no way I can fake this glitch. I'm serious, I like like you." He laughed nervously at the end of his explanation.

"I..." I was about to tell him how I felt. That was untill the kids found me at the wrong moment.

"Y/n! Y/n!" The kids yelled running towards me. They all hung around my legs.

"Guys-! I'm kinda in the middle of something right now-!" They couldn't have found me at a worse time.

One of the kids looked at Camilo.

"Oh are we bothering you and your boyfriend?" The kid asked.

"Shut up!" I was blushing now, I could feel it.

Camilo laughed, no longer glitching.

"So the feelings mutual?" He asked with a smirk.

661 words
This is my longest chapter yet!
I hope you enjoyed!
I really liked writing this one shot! And I love the idea of a nervous/flustered Camilo!
Bye! 🧡