Return of Vi

I was doing my usual patrol when I see a enforcer trying to cover her uniform with a jacket. I was about to continue my patrol until I see a girl with her with pink short hair cut on the side. "It can't be." I said to myself thinking I was just seeing things. But then I saw her face. I gasp inside my mask starting to get tears in my eyes."Vi!" I whispered my voice shaking from shock.

Before I could do anything Ekko grabbed my arm scaring me for a minute "Don't. We don't know if we can trust her or not." His voice sounded groggy from the mask.

As much as I wanted to go down there, wrap her into my embrace, and kiss her I knew he was right. So I got on my hover board and started to fly away.

When we got to the tree I was quickly tackled by a bunch of the kids they laughed and said "Happy Birthday!"

I laughed as a big cake lowered down to me. I was now turning 22. I blew the candles out and all the kids got up to go get a piece of cake.

The people in the undercity that didn't worship Silco and his shimmer thought of me as the hound. I don't think so though. No one could ever replace Vander.

I looked at Ekko with a serious face and said" We need to talk."

We walk to my room as he closed the door I yelled "What the hell? Am I going crazy or did you see Vi?"

Ekko responed. " I mean you are already crazy but I saw her too."

"This is not the time to joke."

She paused then said "I want you to watch her every move and see if we can trust her. If we can then we will bring her here. If not then she will never know who we are other than firelights. "

Ekko speaks "Ok I will let you know how it goes. Wait why don't you do it?"

"Because if I did I wouldn't be able to hold back I would be distracted and as a leader I will can't afford that."

"You mean as a hound." He said.

"Don't call me that. I don't deserve that title. There is only one hound-" I was interrupted.

"And he's dead you are worthy of that title and you know it." Ekko said aggressively. He pulled me into a hug and whispered "Happy Birthday Jade."

"Thanks for the cake." I pulled away and smiled at him.

We both leave the room and go down to see there was ony two pieces of cake left one for me and one for Ekko. Ekko gave his piece of cake to the kids and left to go spy on Vi and the enforcer girl.

I told him based on his judgement he can bring her here blindfolded but can't take it off until I ask her some questions.

I went into my room and changed into work out cloths and practiced my powers. Thoughts start to rush though my head.

Topsiders can't know about my powers...

What if I'm not strong enough to protect them...

When I was 18 I was in my room asleep. When I woke up and I was hovering over my bed I freaked out and called Ekko he was shocked as much as I was. I remembered some things that my mom told me but I was young and was only 4 when she disappeared. The only thing I remember is :

Don't let a single topsider know your family line or your powers or they will try to experiment on you. I need you to protect your brother and the undercity. But don't lose your heart in the process.

Ekko and I figured it out piece by piece together.

After I was out of my flashback I helped with medical and played with children.

When someone was banging on the door and yelling "HELP PLEASE MY DAUGHTER IS HURT!PLEASE!"

The guard let them in and helped carry a girl inside after closing the door back. I go to the girl and hover my hands over the girl's her body.

"What are you do-" he was interrupted

"Shh she's helping her." One of the adults said

I started to feel tingly everywhere when a green light shoots out of her hand and onto the girl's body. Her breathing started to slow down unil it was finally even.

"Give her a bed. She will be asleep for a while. Give this man some food." I look at him and say "They can stay if they want but if they decide to leave they will have to keep this place a secret and will be watched."

"Thank you so much." He said shaking my hand rapidly.

I smile at and then left to continue wandering the aroud with the children.

It began to get dark so I took the children to bed. I was about to leave when I heard small voice.

"Can you tell us a story?" A little girl said.

"Ok get comfortable. I will tell you about the hound that keeps the lanes safe."

"I thought you where the hound." A child said.

"This is the person before her." Said another.

"His name was Vander. No matter how difficult it was he would always put others first. He kept me and Ekko safe from enforcers. In the end he mainly put children first. At one point the enforcers got so bad that the lanes wanted to fight back-"

"Why didn't we fight back?" Someone said

"Because of what happened at the bridge a long time ago and as I've said before war only bring grief and problems. In the end everyone loses no matter if you are wealthy, a topsider, poor, from Piltover or Zaunian you will lose something."

I saw that most of the children are asleep and some where deeply interested in the conversation. So I go up to the awake children give them a kiss and tell them to go to sleep. I walk out the room and release a breathe I didn't know I was holding.

"Curiosity sure does drive people."
I whispered to myself as I walk to my room , flopped into my bed and drift off as if I haven't had sleep in forever.

"What a day." I say as everything turned black.

I hoped you liked my first chapter. This is my first book and I know it was boring but I promise it will get better.

I don't own arcane I only own Jade and some of the plot.