The Bridge

We said our goodbyes and started heading to the bridge. After a little bit of fighting we are taking the gem with us and giving it to the council. I finally decided to break the silence.

"So what does the gem do anyway?"

"It is basically magic or as people call it energy now." Caitlyn said.

I gave Ekko a knowing look since he knows what happened with me and the gem.

After more silence we finally got to the gate of the bridge where Vi stopped. "Sorry but I can't leave Powder not again"

I sigh and kiss her on the cheek. "Good luck." I hug her. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I pull away and Ekko and the enforcer hug her too. Then we started walking to the other side of the bridge. Suddenly lights blind us.

"This is Caitlyn Kiramman, enforcer, I have found something that the council would be interested in."

"Show me" the enforcer said.

We turn to Ekko as he shakes his head until he finally gives in.

"Shit!"

He opens the satchel showing the gem. As I see the enforcer lifts up his gun, aiming it at Ekko I quickly use my powers to stop the bullet. My eyes turn yellow this time.

The enforcers looked shocked "What are you?" He said under his breath.

All the guns are aimed at me. "I don't know. Do you want to find out?" My voice sounded threatening.

He was about to say something but a butterfly flew onto his gun. Then more surrounded us. I started to look closer and see they where machines and then it clicked. I use my powers and put a force field around Ekko and Caitlyn. I was going to put a force field around me but then boom.

The only thing I could hear was bombs going off and feel pain in my stomach and legs. When I could no longer hear them I opened my eyes I saw the dead enforcers, Caitlyn standing up and Ekko kneeling in front of me.

He puts me on his knee and holds me there. I suck in a some air shocked from the pain I was feeling." Can you heal yourself?" He said.

"No I have to make sure no metal pieces are in there."

He stands up with me in his arms. I see Vi run to us with a worried face. She reaches us and takes me out of Ekko's arms and into hers.

"Are you ok?"

Before I could answer her I see Jinks with the bag that has the gem inside it.

Ekko got on his hoverboard and took the bag from Jinks, threw it at us "Go!"

"No we aren't leaving you!" I yelled.

"Get her to safety Vi."

Vi started running away from Ekko with. Caitlyn running with us. I looked at Ekko and see him mouthing 'I love you big sis'. I saw him turn around and start his timer.

When we finally reached topside we hear a bomb go off Vi turns around and all we see is dust and orange colors. I hope he's alive no I know he's alive. I can feel it.

Caitlyn opens the satchel." It's gone"

"Shit!"

After the bad news about the gem Caitlyn shows us the way to a big mansion. "Does one of your council friends live here." Vi said

"Not exactly."

Out of nowhere a lady with a gun bursts into the room pointing the gun at us. She looked at Caitlyn and lowers her gun.

"Caitlyn?" She said.

A man peaks out and walks towards Caitlyn and hugs her. "Your home!"

"You brought strays. Can we have a word alone Caitlyn?"

She soon left with those people who I think are her parents. Vi puts me down and observes my injuries.

"These are deep I don't understand how you are alive right now."

"Vi I have to do something but you have to stay calm. Ok?"

"Ok." With that I started to take out the pieces of metal in my wounds. Vi looked shocked and out of words. Once the metal is out I heal myself.

"How did you-"

"So basically I got my powers when I was 18 and can heal, move things with my mind and some other things. "

She kissed me out of know where.

"What was that for?" I asked when our lips disconected.

"For telling me and loving after all these years. Marcus put me in prison the day when basically everyone died. "

Before I could say anything else Caitlyn and her parents walk.

"We just wanted to say thank you for saving our daughter. You can stay here and you will have a meeting with the council tomorrow so sleep well." Caitlyn's mother said closing the doors behind her.

"What did you tell her?"

I look at Caitlyn.

"I told her about Marcus and you saving me. It kinda slipped out that you have powers but I don't think they believed me."

"I might have a back up plan just incase your plan doesn't work." I said still with my thinking face on.

"Care to let us in on your idea?" Vi said.

"I am going to try to prove that the undercity is not a danger to them. Well at least the ones with no shimmer or part of Silco's plan."

"How?"

"Maybe if I show them my powers then we can arrange a agreement or ideas to make the undercity safer."

"I don't know if you should it might be dangerous." Vi said

"Ok but its a very last resort plan like destroying the undercity or War type of thing." Caitlyn said.

"Yeah but it could benefit the undercity and make it more safe."

"Let's just sleep on the idea amd make up our mind in the morning." Vi said as Caitlyn nods her head.

"Ok lets go to sleep I'm so tired from using my power."

"I'll sleep in the guest room so you can feel what a real bed feels like."
Caitlyn said then left.

"Goodnight." We yelled. We turned off the lights and got in the bed and almost immediately fell asleep.