Introduction

Delilah Carlisle first met JJ maybank at the age of thirteen, he was a scared little boy who had ran away from home and broken on to a boat to crash in and Delilah was too curious for her own good. He changed everything for her wether that be a good thing or a bad one. She was alone before she met him.

Joesph Carlisle was a good dad and Delilah had always been a daddy's girl, but he was constantly splitting his time between the outerbanks and the uk because he had what he called 'a business empire' all across europe and the uk. His daughter knew that was just a nice way of saying he was an international drug dealer. Another reason was because Delilah had a brother two years older than her, he lived with Joseph's auntie for reasons that Delilah wasn't allowed to know, he'd been over there since Delilah was two.

Zara Carlisle on the other hand was a party girl through and through. So she spent most of her time on the mainland with friends rather than with her daughter, it's not that she didn't love Delilah but she couldn't get past having her son on the other side of the world which meant Delilah was often left alone in the house. Whenever Zara had an inconvenience in her life she'd flee to her sisters and be gone for days, she had a lot of inconveniences to say the least.

Delilah always thought it was bad that she was left alone a lot but if it weren't for that fact she wouldn't have met JJ. That night she was watching the water from the roof of her house, she thought it looked prettier in the dark. Living in figure eight had its many perks, big houses were one of them. What she wasn't expecting was to see a kid on a paddle bored climb into her dads boat.

While she was watching the boy struggle to break into the boat her cell phone lit up and a text flashed across the screen.

'Mom: sorry I missed the last ferry I'll have to stay with a friend, will you be okay?'

Delilah sighed and rolled her eyes typing back a quick 'yes' before glancing back down at the boat and smiling when she could see the boy had made it in.

Thirty minutes later she was walking through the garden and down the dock towards the boat, she cursed herself for being curious and climbed aboard quietly so she didn't give him a fright. She could see him lying on the couch with his arm over his face, it looked like he was crying. She knocked twice on the door and the boy shot up looking for somewhere to hide but Delilah had already came through the door.

"So I just watched you break into my boat and I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to call the cops when things like that happen" she wiggled her phone in her hand.

"Please don't call the cops, I'm sorry i just needed a place to crash I'll leave now" the boy had a bloody nose and a deep gash along his cheekbone.

"I was joking, what happened to your face" she frowned and moved closer to him.

"Oh it's nothing" he tried to wipe away the blood but it just made it worse and stained the sleeve of his shirt.

"Come with me I know first aid" the dark haired girl turned and walked through the door stopping to see if he was following which he wasn't, "do you want to stay out here on a boat or do you want me to fix your face and make you something to eat?" She put her hands on her hips.

The boy looked confused but followed her back up to the house. "Oh I'm Delilah by the way" she smiled as she opened the door and sat the boy down on a kitchen stool.

"My mom and dad aren't here don't worry we're alone" she was now climbing on the kitchen counter to reach the top shelf of a cupboard and pulled down a green box.

Delilah went in a draw and pulled out a cloth soaking it with warm water before rubbing it across the boys face were the blood was, when she ran it over the gash on his cheekbone he flinched and jumped back.

She gave him a disapproving look and moved her free hand to the back of his head, "hold still will you"

"It hurt how else did you expect me to react" he frowned.

"How did you get these anyway" she met his eyes for the first time then opened up the first aid box and pulled out a bottle and strips of tape.

"My dad" he half whispered as he watched the girl cutting of smaller tape strips.

"Is that why you were trying to stay on my boat" she raised a brow.

"I was trying to run away, didn't get very far" he shrugged as Delilah dabbed antiseptic onto the cut making him flinch again.

"Well you wouldn't get very far if your mode of transportation is a paddle board" she smirked.

Delilah held together the cut as she put three strips of tape across so the skin healed faster "all done" she said and then she patted the top of his head regretting her action immediately and spinning around to face away from him.

"Did you just pat my head like a dog" he laughed.

"Sorry" she turned back to him with an awkward smile, "I don't get out much and I clearly don't know how to be an actual human being"

"That's okay" he stood from the chair and patted her on the head in return.

"Okay well I can either call for a pizza or spend two hours making an insanely complicated french dish that my dad forced me to learn how to cook" she held up a pizza place menu.

"Pizza" JJ smiled.

That whole night was like a fever dream to Delilah, they spent the whole night talking. JJ told her all about his home situation and how his dad was abusive, in return Delilah told him about her parents never being around, her brother being halfway across the world and how alone she felt all the time. It shouldn't have made sense a kook and a pouge, but it did and from that night on it was like they were connected in some weird way that only they knew.

After the night they met JJ and Delilah had gotten into a routine and the two of them were practically inseparable, if his dad got to be too much for him he'd call her and she'd let him stay over, his dad was too much more often than not. They'd spend hours and hours alone together then when he was ready he'd go home or back to his friends and she would be alone again.

They had never wanted to put a label on what they were it seemed to make it less complicated for both of them, but they both knew that it was more than friends. What they had was amazing and Delilah actually felt like she had a purpose when she was with JJ. When they were fourteen they kissed for the first time and since then they hadn't been able to stop.