.01

~Before. 01~

Not long after Delilah had turned fifteen the roles between the two had changed, Joseph, Delilah's dad had gotten sick which meant he was home all the time due to the fact he couldn't fly

Not long after Delilah had turned fifteen the roles between the two had changed, Joseph, Delilah's dad had gotten sick which meant he was home all the time due to the fact he couldn't fly. So he and Zara were constantly arguing to the point were it was dangerous for her to be in the room with them while they argued, she was becoming collateral damage. On the plus side neither of them batted an eyelid when their daughter decided to start online school instead of attending the kook academy.

Delilah needed an out so she had started staying at JJ's. Most of the time she would come baring gifts so his dad left them both alone, sometimes she'd come with bags full of groceries other times it was bottles of something strong. It worked though and JJ's dad, Luke actually liked Delilah. Which was shocking to them both because of how awful he was to his son, it was always safer with Delilah around.

It would have looked like a strange relationship from anyone other than JJ and Delilah especially to JJ's friends. JJ wouldn't have his friends find out that he was involved with a kook so she stayed a secret and Delilah, well she didn't have anyone to tell anyway. She had acquaintances from school but she had always tried to stay away from them, her brother was always a phone call away but she didn't think it was appropriate to bore him with boy troubles. She also had two cousins on her mom's side, Tyler and Tatum, they lived on the mainland so she didn't get to see them that much.

When JJ came home from being out with his friend group one day he'd explained that his friend John B's dad had disappeared in a shipwreck so he'd need to be around John B more and Delilah understood and told him to go and be with his friend. She half expected him to at least stay with her for a while before he left but no, the second she had told him to go he turned and left her sitting in his bed alone.

When she woke up the morning after he still wasn't next to her so she went out on the porch and sighed seeing only luke sitting in his chair watching tv in the living room.

"He's with John B" Luke spoke distracting her from her thoughts.

"I know he told me last night" she smiled wrapping the sweater she was wearing around her tighter.

"Sad about big John isn't it" he stood and went into the small kitchen. "Want me to make you some bacon" he gave the girl what could be considered a smile.

"Sure, I'll be out of your hair by this afternoon. Guess it's time for me to go home" she half laughed.

"Delilah you can stay here for as long as you'd like wether JJ's here or not" he placed his hand on her shoulder and she nodded.

She took Luke up on his offer for a while and stayed there by herself but JJ didn't even attempt to come home. Not having JJ with her in his house made her stomach feel weak so she'd made the decision to go home after a few weeks.

Joesph and Zara were too busy arguing to notice that Delilah wasn't home half of the time not that they actually cared, but now that she was home she found herself enjoying her dads company again. Or at least until her mom entered the room and the two of them started to scream at eachother.