.04

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

Almost a month had passed by and JJ had been living between Delilah and John B's houses, avoiding his dad at all costs, he had been happier though. It was also about to be Delilah's birthday which she was hoping would be good considering her and Sarah were now closer than ever and because of that she was also very close with Rafe. It gave her something to look forward too other than a terrible party.

Delilah was currently sitting at her vanity doing the worlds most boring task. Her make up. In all honestly this was the third attempt at her eyeliner and she was contemplating just giving up. Wren had took Delilahs car to go and pick their mom up from the dock and Joseph had been locked in his office for the past hour. Since the Carlisle family had had the separation talk everything had actually been running quite smoothly and Joseph and Zara were getting along for the first time that Delilah could recall.

There was about fourteen hours until Delilah's birthday and the last thing she wanted was a stupid boring party, Zara had somehow managed to trick Delilah into agreeing to let her invite some of her friends which led to Joseph also having the opportunity to invite his friends. Wren of course was no problem because all of his friends were also Delilahs friends, besides the ones who couldn't come because of the small factor of them living on another continent.

A loud bang made Delilah jump and she turned to see JJ face palmed on the floor of her balcony, she laughed and ran over to open the door for him clicking her tongue as she did. "are you trying to get caught?" she smiled at him.

"I ran here okay, i'm sweaty I slipped." he fixed himself and followed her back into her room.

"Wren is gonna be back with my mom in like an hour and if im not ready she'll kill me." Delilah protested sitting back at her vanity while JJ moved to lock the door.

"I wanted to give you something for your birthday." he grinned at her.

"Fine, but we have to be quick." she said as she stood up and untied her robe letting it drop to the floor.

JJ's mouth fell open as his eyes took their time roaming her body that was covered in only a black lingerie set, he moved closer to her and wrapped his arms around her leaving kisses from her shoulder to her jawline. "That isn't what I meant..." he broke his lips away from her skin to look at her, "I got you a present." he trailed his thumb down her side.

"It's not my actual birthday until tomorrow." she pouted.

"well I wanted you to wear it tonight" He pulled a small box out of his back pocket and handed it to her.

She looked from the box too him and he gestured for her to open it, when she did she immediately planted a kiss on his mouth. It was a gold necklace with her birthstone in the centre, an emerald. She kissed him a few more times and said thank you about a million times before making him put it on her, "I love it." she beamed as she looked at it in the mirror.