Chapter 3

The Capital of Mondstadt. It was fairly large in size, but wasn't quite as big as Liyue, though it was a huge city.

 It was fairly large in size, but wasn't quite as big as Liyue, though it was a huge city

We entered in at the front of Mondstadt's walls, hoods draped over our head. Even in disguise he didn't want to be spotted, but I did. I had to to make sure that my face was familiar around the crowd so that a knight that knew of my mission could spot me.

I needed to head over to the alchemist, to whom they call, 'Albedo'. He was supposedly the first non witch to use magic as a source for the people. He was what most would call a wizard.

You see-, there's a difference between a witch and a wizard; though both may be of the same gender. Wizards work for the humans, and do all sort of great miracles to help. Witches on the other hand enslave humans as pets or experiments,and cause havoc everywhere they go; using only dark magic.

But, I don't think all witches do? I think. That's only what I think. For the past week that I've lived with Barbatos, all he has done is slouch around every now and then; rarely ever doing the chores now that I'm around to help.

He hunts for food to keep me alive. He says him and Dvalin don't survive on food much, so all of it goes to me. He's nice. But maybe is turns out to be all a setup. What if that happened?

I need to be prepared and be ready for the worst.

"Xiao?"

I snapped out of my thoughts, turning my head up to see Barbatos staring at me.
"Ah-, yes?" I smiled at him, hoping to seem kiddish.

"Nothing, you just seemed distracted and I needed to know if I still had your attention!" He put on a sweet smile, trying to outshine mine. I tried to smile bigger, but I cringed at my own face once I realized what I was doing.

I was looking around for the Alchemist workshop where his assistant Sucrose would greet me as planned if I ever came to them for help. I was running low on elixir after I had clumsily lost my back up potion bottle of it and needed more to last me about a month or two.

The Capital was large though, and it seemed almost impossible to find it. All we did was head over to different toy stores as I politely declined every doll in sight, making me look like picky, and spoiled in the nicest way possible. It was getting irritating.

I needed him to look away, even if it's just for a second so I can tie the letter onto the Blue bird's leg and send it flying off.

"Um..," I mumbled, rushing myself to pick out a toy quickly. I didn't know if we would head home immediately after I got a special toy for me, so I was pushing the time limit. I pointed over to a random shelf, not clearly looking at the items placed on it for display.

"I want that toy!" I told him, shouting it out a bit too loud. A few people turned their heads around towards me, but quickly looked away afterward.
Barbatos looked confused for a moment, but then he sighed with a gentle smile placed on his face.