Chapter 33: Nightmare's end

Asuna and Kazuto had arrived at the hospital and are now in the elevator, heading up towards Akiri's hospital room he's currently diving from.

As they were heading up, Kazuto noticed that Asuna is looking really worried, her hands slightly shaking. He then reached over firmly held her hand and she looked up at him.

Yui: It's okay, Mama

Yui spoke out using Asuna's phone.

Yui: No matter how strong the opponent is, Uncle won't lose

Kazuto: Yui's right. He's the best fighter I know. He won't lose to anyone

She felt a sense of reassurance, hearing that and she nodded.

Asuna: You're right

The elevator door slides open and they started to search for where Akiri is.

???: Miss Asuna

They heard someone calling Asuna from the side and they saw a tall man with greying hair, wearing a black suit. Asuna instantly recognized him.

Alexander: And Mister Kazuto as well. A pleasure to see you both

Asuna: Alexander. You're here

The man known as Alexander gave a slight bow.

Alexander: Yes, of course. Are you here to visit Master Akiri?

Asuna: Yeah. Where is he?

Alexander: Right this way

Alexander started to lead them through the halls of the hospital.

Alexander then stopped in front of the door and gestures them in. Asuna thanked him as they entered and saw Aki standing over Akiri, with a worried expression. The boy is seen lying on the bed with the AmuSphere on his head.

Asuna and Kazuto then noticed that he is breathing heavily and sweating.

Asuna: Akiri!

Both Asuna and Kazuto immediately went next to the bed, looking at Akiri with concern.

Kazuto: What's happening to him?

Aki: You're Yuuki-san and Kirigaya-san, right?

Asuna looked at the nurse.

Asuna: Did something happen to him?

Aki: Don't worry. He's in no physical danger. But his heart rate started suddenly climbing

Kazuto: His heart rate? What's going on?

Yui: Mama, Papa, look at the PC panel on the wall. I'll tune it to the MMO stream's live footage

Everyone looked over at the tv screen on the wall as Yui broadcasts the stream and they saw Akiri facing off with Death Gun, holding the injury on his shoulder.

Asuna: That's Akiri

Aki: That's Akiri-kun's avatar?

Kazuto: Yeah, looks like he's in combat. That's why his heart rate shot up

Asuna then looked at the weapon Death Gun was holding. Kazuto noticed it too and his eyes widened in shock.

Asuna: (thoughts) An estoc? That's him. One of the Laughing Coffin leaders was really good with an estoc. His name... His name was...

Asuna then looked down at Death Gun's name, "Sterben".

Asuna: Ste... Steven?

Kazuto: Did he misspell "Steven"?

Aki: No, that's German. It's also specialized medical vocabulary. It's read "Sterben"

Asuna: Sterben?