Chapter 2: Link Start

(One year later)

Akiri is currently in his room sleeping on his bed. Moments later, his alarm clock starts to go off. He opened his eyes and yawns while stretching his arms. He then lifts himself using his arms and got onto his electric wheelchair that was right beside his bed.

Once on his wheelchair, he pushes the joystick on the right armrest and a high pitched sound of the electric motors can be heard

Once on his wheelchair, he pushes the joystick on the right armrest and a high pitched sound of the electric motors can be heard. He began to head downstairs to the dining area for breakfast. Once at the dining area, he saw that his butler is putting a tray of food on the table.

Alexander: Your breakfast is on the table sir

Akiri: Okay. Thanks Al

After breakfast, he went over to the patio to overlook the huge backyard. It was the next best thing besides going for a run.

His phone then started to ring. He pulled out the phone from his pocket and saw that it was a friend that he made while playing online games. He then answered the call.

_________________________________

[Kirito] Dude, today's the day!

[Akiri] Yeah, I know

[Kirito] You already got your NerveGear right?

[Akiri] Yeah, all set up and ready to go. Where should we meet?

[Kirito] There should be marketplace area near the spawn point, we'll meet over there

[Akiri] Got it

[Kirito] You better not be late. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Only 1000 people get to play the beta. If you're late, they might give your invitation to someone else

[Akiri] Yeah, yeah. Is your username gonna be the same?

[Kirito] Yup! And your's?

[Akiri] The same

[Kirito]Cool. Now you better get going

[Akiri] Whatever, man

______________________________

He sighs, ended the call and puts his phone back in his pocket. He then starts to make his way to his gaming room. The room was slightly smaller than his bedroom, but was still bigger in size than standards. On one side of the wall, there is his gaming computer setup with three curved monitors on a huge desk. On the other, a queen sized bed specifically set up for VR.