Ch. 2 Platform Nine and Three Quarters

Over the next few months leading up to September 1st, Y/n's excitement to go to Hogwarts only increased. There wasnt a day that went by where the young boy wasnt smiling. Of course it didnt hurt that Merula would write to Y/n very often. Merula and Y/n had exchanged dozens of letters, talking about a variety of things about each other. Merula even seemed to be opening up more to her new friend.

On the morning of September 1st, the Carmine's were up early in the morning eating their fill of a special breakfast.

"Alright, one order of a super stack of waffles, a pile of bacon, and some sunny side up eggs with a side of toast." Elizabeth says enthusiastically as she places the plate of food in front of her son.

"Thanks, mom. You're the best!"

"Hey! What about me?" Maggie asked as she looked up from reading the Daily Prophet. "I thought I was the best."

Y/n leaned over and gave his mother a kiss on the cheek. "You both are the best. I have the best moms on the world."

Elizabeth walked over with her own plate and kissed her son on the temple. "Smart answer, sweetheart. Now, eat. We have to be at the station in a few hours and we dont want to miss the train. Or leave your friend by herself waiting."

"It is rude to leave a lady waiting. Especially your little girlfriend." Maggie teased with a grin. Elizabeth tried to hide a laugh as Y/n choked on a bite of his food.

"Mother! Merula is not my girlfriend!" Y/n shouted, his cheeks a shade of pink. "We're just friends."

"Oh calm down, honey, I'm only teasing." Maggie said. Elizabeth and Maggie continued to smile through breakfast as Y/n ate in slight embarrassment.

After breakfast, everyone had gathered in the livingroom, Y/n's trunk was propped up next to the door with Moon in her cage on top of it. Y/n was dressed in some casual clothes, he decided to wait until he was on the train to change into his robes. Elizabeth was standing next to him, checking a pocket watch that she kept in her pocket.

"If your mother isnt here with that bloody car, we're going to be late." Elizabeth groaned. The pair heard a honk from outside and opened the door to see Maggie exit an old looking car. The car was red in color but most of the paint was peeling off, dents and scratches were covering the surface of the rusted metal.

"Come on then, the both of you! Y/n, quickly get your things and throw them in the trunk!" Maggie rushed to her wife and son grabbing Moon's cage and the trunk it was resting on.

"You dont get to tell us to hurry when we were waiting on you!" Elizabeth shouted as she rushed Y/n into the back seat of the car and quickly getting into the passenger seat. Maggie closed the trunk of the car and jumped into the driver seat, she sped off down the road like a bat out of hell.

The family managed to reach King's Cross station thirty minutes before the Hogwarts Express was scheduled to depart. Maggie and Elizabeth exited the car with a sigh of relief.

"Bloody Muggles and their damned cars and traffic. We should have just used the Floo Network." Maggie complained as she pulled Moon and Y/n's trunk out of the car and placed them both on a trolley.

"You know we cant use the network with so many Muggles around!" Elizabeth quietly shouted. Y/n got out and started walking with his mothers into the station. They reached platforms nine and ten and were pleased to see Merula waiting for them.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, sweety." Elizabeth apologized.

"That's alright. I wasn't waiting long." Merula responded nonchalantly. She had a trolley aswell with her trunk and a cage with a black owl inside.