Ch.9 Flying Class

Y/n jumped out of bed early on a Friday morning with a large smile on his face. All week long the first years were starting their first flying classes and it was finally his and Merula's turn for their class.

Y/n was pacing in the common room waiting for Merula so they could go get breakfast and talk to Harry. Apparently his class the day before was extra exciting and Y/n had a load of questions for the Gryffindor.

Y/n knew he was up early, evident by the only students that were up before him were the sixth and seventh years, they themselves having classes earlier than most of the other students. Thankfully, it didn't take long for the other first years to start waking up and coming into the common room. Merula was one of the last, rubbing her eyes, clearly still trying to wake up.

Y/n ran up to her, grabbed her hand, and began to pull her to the common room door.

"Come on, I want to ask Harry about what happened yesterday!" He excitedly exclaimed. The mix of her suddenly being pulled by her arm and her groggy state of mind resulted in her almost faceplanting onto the floor, but she catches herself.

"Y/n! Slow down and let me go!" Merula yelled as she yanked her arm free from Y/n's grasp. She glares at her friend, placing her hands on her hips. "Why are you trying to yank my arm off!?"

"Sorry, I'm just excited." His cheeks flush as he scratches his head. "We have our first flying lesson today and I want to talk to Harry before class. Apparently something crazy happened in his class yesterday."

"And it wouldn't have killed you to tell me that before you dragged me across the room?" Merula huffed, her glare not wavering. Y/n shifted on his feet, peering at the ground and muttering an apology. She sighed and gently took his hand and led him out of the common room. "You're lucky you're so damn cute.. and my best friend.. idiot.." Merula says in a low tone, Y/n not being able to hear her.

They made their way through the school until they reached the Great Hall. The hall was a bust of noise from student and teacher alike. At the teacher's table of the hall, Professor Dumbledore was having an engaging conversation with Professor McGonagall as he and she ate their breakfast. McGonagall looked away from Dumbledore as Merula and Y/n entered the hall. Smiled and excused herself from the table, wiping her mouth as she stood up. The Dupty Headmistress strode across the room until she came up to the two young Slytherins.

"Good morning, Miss Snyde. Good morning, Y/n." McGonagall smiled.

"Morning, Professor." Merula greeted back.

"Good Morning, Gran- uh.. Professor." Y/n corrected himself.

"Oh, come now, we're not in the classroom. You can be less formal with me, Y/n."

"Oh, well then. Good morning, Gran." Y/n said with a large smile. McGonagall's eyes seem to light up with what could only be described as unending joy.

"I've been waiting a very long time to hear you say that my boy." McGonagall leant down and gave her grandson a kiss on the top of his head. They both smiled at each other before the Professor regained some professional composure. "I imagine you both are excited for your first flying lesson today?"

"Positively ecstatic. I can't wait to fly." Y/n was barley containing himself from shouting.

"Well, I'm glad to hear it. I imagine you also heard about what happened yesterday on the pitch?"

"We heard something had happened, but not what it was." Merula said. "Y/n wanted to come talk to Harry about it."

"Well, I'm afraid he and some of the other first year Gryffindors already went off to their first class. But, I will fill in for him." McGonagall said. "On the pitch, due to some.. interactions.." the word almost seemed to elude the Professor for a moment, "Mr. Longbottom was injured and Mr. Potter has been recruited as the new Gryffindor Seeker for the Quidditch team." McGonagall seemed very proud of the end of that statement.