𝟮. 𝗖𝗮𝗳𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗮

14:05

Suhyeok, Onjo and I walk up the stairs. It's quiet. Mainly because no one probably knows what to say after what happened. 

"Onjo.." Suhyeok stops walking. "I usually play basketball during lunch break. Can't you tell me now what you want to tell me on the rooftop?"

I look at my friend who starts to look at me.

"I'll just..." I smile awkwardly. "...go back to class"

My body turns as my legs rush up the stairs. I try to walk towards the classroom, but a weird smell enters my nose again. I look at my hands that are still covered in blood. My head starts to hurt dramatically, but I try not to make a single noise. I take a step forwards, but my leg twists. My body drops on the ground, making me let out a soft groan.

"Hara!"

Someone lifts me up. My vision is blurry, but I know who it is. He places me against the wall and holds on to my hand to make the shaking stop. 

"What's wrong? Did you get hurt?"

More classmates start to appear. I look at Cheongsan who's face looks red because of my blurry vision. My head hurts so bad right now, like it's about to explode.

"What happened to your arm?!" Everyone gathers around me. "Did Hyeonju scratch you?"

Isak who pushed everyone aside to get to me looks at my arm. "How did this happen? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine"

I place my hand on the ground and lift myself up. Turning my head to the window, I see someone familiar standing outside. My blurry vision fades, just like my headache. 

"What is it?" Isak asks, pulling my sleeve a bit.

"It's..my brother"

I run to the stairs and accidentally bump up to Suhyeok and Onjo on my way down. They look at me with confused eyes but I ignore it. I rush towards the police car where our science teacher is in. My brother appears from behind it and spreads his arms, waiting for a hug.

"What are you doing here?" I ask confused.

"I'm here with a friend" He lowers his arms with a sad look.

"You're friends with high schoolers now?"

"Do I look like a high schooler?"  Jaeik, Haru's friend, gets out of the car. 

"Oh, hello detective" I speak quietly.

"Don't be so formal. I've known you since you were a baby"

"Whatever.."

Haru walks over to me and lowers his head to my arm. He gasps. "What happened to you?"

"Hyeonju scratched me, but it's fine. Don't tell grandpa"

"Are you crazy? He'll kill me if he knows something happened to you on the day I go back"

"Wait, you're leaving today? You said you're leaving next week"

Haru nods. "I'm sorry that we can't go to the restaurant in the weekend"

"It's okay. We'll go once you get back"