Chapter 12

A few years before I left Swellview with my family, Henry Hart and I were the closest of best friends. He was still best friends with Jasper but me and Henry... we were inseparable. By this I mean, we were never apart for more than one day. We would hang out all the time, exploring every building, park, shop, and restaurant there could possibly be in Swellview. As we got older, we started to hang out less as we made more friends, however, we still considered each other our best friend and would spend too much time together. But then, towards the end of middle school, Henry's new group of friends were suddenly people who we had once despised for bullying me, him, and Jasper. 

I just couldn't understand why he would want to hang out with people who once hurt his feelings. That's when our friendship started to break. We were still friends but what would happen next was the breaking point.

One Saturday afternoon, Henry came round to my house to ask me to hang out like we always used to. I found it strange as we hadn't hung out in such a long time but I was grateful and I accepted his offer. That afternoon was just like before and I hadn't been as happy as that in a while. 

It was approaching evening when Henry Hart asked me to be his girlfriend. Maybe I was naive. I was foolish even to think maybe he liked me. But when he asked that question the silly feelings that I had a few years before came back. So I said yes. Then Henry's group of friends jumped out from around the corner. And I realised what had happened. I ran out of there, utterly humiliated. Me and Henry only spoke a few times after that before I left Swellview.

-

"You fooled me once but you can't fool me twice."

I strode towards the door on the rooftop, leaving Henry sitting in silence by himself. I wasn't an idiot any longer. I don't care about Henry Hart and his stupid tricks. I don't care about the way he thinks he can seduce any female on the planet and I certainly don't care if he had feelings for me AT ALL.

Once down the stairs, I ran through the mancave, flying to get my stuff so I could get home and think about the mess that just happened by myself. It would have been fine if I didn't turn the corner and run directly into Ray.

"Woah, Woah Cassandra what are you doing all in a hurry like this?" He asked, surprised.

His wet hair from the shower dripped onto my back as I enveloped him in a giant hug before running off again. 

"Cassandra? Cass! Wait!" 

I didn't turn back around because I knew Henry would be here any second. Luckily I managed to escape before I could make any more surprise run-ins. Once I was home, I sank down on my floor and contemplated everything. 

"He's gonna have to pick one of us eventually." I spoke out loud to myself.

-

(This next part is related to episodes 6, 7 and 8 of Season 5)

A few weeks later, we were at work in the mancave. The awkward silence between me and Henry was unbearable. We had avoided each other as much as possible and I was glad to just be able to hang out with Charlotte for a few hours today. It was all fine until Ray got everyone together. 

A few days ago, we had attended Cactus Con, where a highly dangerous cactus was stolen right from under our noses, and yesterday we received word that Rick Twitler had been captured. Now we were trying to figure out where he was so we could save him. 

We managed to isolate the sound in the back of his hostage video and it turned out to be bees.

"Oh right it's probably the Bee Keeper, he's usually up at the Swellview Honey Factory, ill go up and get him. You guys look after Caitlyn, triple beep Henry and tell him to meet me there." Said Ray.

"Okay." Said Charlotte.

"Oh my god, you named her Caitlyn I love that name!" Shouted Schwoz.

Jasper joined in, "She is such a Caitlyn!"

Caitlyn is Ray's dog he stole from somewhere earlier. Don't even ask.

"Do you need my help?" I asked.

"No we should be alright Cass, you're smart, stay here and help Charlotte figure out who hacked the mancave computer because I really think you should know that by now Schwoz."

He then blew a bubble and left on his way.

-

A little while later, we received another call from Ray.

"Where's Henry?" Asked Ray.

"We don't know. He's not answering anything!" Shouted Charlotte.

"That's it I'm going to Henry's house." Jasper ran off into the elevator.

-

Whilst they were all gone. I realised something.

"Wait guys you know that giant guy who talked to towels who we fought a while back."

Schwoz laughed, "How could I forget! But I did forget, what about him?"

"He has the red symbol that's in the hostage video tattooed on his neck and on his flabbergas can!" I exclaimed.

Charlotte joined in, "The scientists from evil science corp have it on their uniforms too and when someone stole the world's most poisonous cactus, they left a card with that symbol!"

"It was also on all the screens on the mancave computer when it got hacked!" exclaimed Schwoz. "Quick Charlotte, do a scan of the symbol on all images!"

The computer scanned the image and finally, it brought up an answer on the screen.

"Oh my god!" We all shouted at the same time.

-

Whilst Ray was inside the Honey Factory trying to rescue Rick Twitler and Jasper was rescuing Henry from his house. The three of us were desperately trying to call Ray.

"GET OUT IT'S A TRAP!" Charlotte yelled down the phone.

But there was still no answer. 

-

It'd been a few hours with no reply from either Henry or Ray.

Jasper had come back and said that Henry had gone up to the Honey Factory and seemed ever so worried when we informed him that it was a trap.

"Cass maybe you should go up a rescue them." Said Charlotte.

"What if I get trapped too?" I asked.

"But you know it's a trap! They don't." Said Schwoz.

Right as I was about to leave with Charlotte for backup, Henry and Ray came down the tube. Henry looked visibly drained as Ray was practically standing him up. 

"How did you guys get out of Rick Twitlers trap?" Asked Charlotte.

Henry looked shocked, "Wait you knew it was a trap?"

"And you didn't tell us!", exclaimed Ray.

"We tried but you never answered your phones!" I said.

"Is Twitler in jail now?" Asked Jasper.

"Twitler got away and he stole Kid Danger's superpower" Spoke Ray.

We all exclaimed in unison;

"WHAT?!"