Chapter 5

Mr Reeth walked over to me.

"You never told me that you knew Captain Man Cassandra." He spoke sternly.

I opened to mouth to speak but shut it again, not knowing what to say. Why on earth was I in this basement and why was I tied up? The boy I fought came up behind me and kicked me hard in the leg.

"Tell us what you know about Captain Man. NOW!" He shouted at me. making me even more afraid.

"I-I know him because he saved me once.." I said quietly.

"Lies." Spoke Mr Reeth. "Tell us the truth or I will show everyone this." He held up my diary and opened it to the page where I detailed my plan. "I've been reading this and it is most peculiar. Why do you want to get better at fighting Cassandra? Tell me."

I sat there shivering, "Please don't show anyone that."

"Then tell me why." He stared me in the eyes. "Now that I come to think about it, you have a striking resemblance to Captain's Man old sidekick, Miss Danger." He paused. "Do you want to be his sidekick again? I can help you."

"I will never accept your help. Let me go!" I screamed at him.

He sighed and got up. "Veronika, take her to the darkroom."

The blonde girl walked forwards and grabbed my arm. My vision was blocked by her hand but I could hear us walking down the corridor.

My mind whirred. Wait Veronika? As if Veronika from school? I guess Jasper was right, she is a criminal.

She shoved me into a room and I blinked in the light before she slammed the door shut, plunging the room into darkness. Hahaha, darkroom. I get it now.

"Veronika!" I called. This was my chance. "Come back."

She didn't reply so I called and called but nothing. Eventually, I must have fallen asleep and the next couple of days passed in a blur.

-

One day, after being there for a short while. The door opened fully again, instead of just the flap at the bottom for meals. Veronika walked in.

"Hey, you. Come on. Mr Reeth wants to talk." She said.

I started to get up but stopped. "Veronika," I said softly.

"What?" She snapped.

"I know how jealous you are of Bianca. Don't you wish Henry was your boyfriend? You're only friends with her to be close to him, aren't you?" I retorted.

She gasped and turned to me with a shocked face. "How d-did you find out?"

"I see the way you look at him, Veronika. I despise Bianca too, I could help you."I said.

"Really?" She breathed in sharply. "But how?"

"Easy." I smiled "Just let me out of here and we can go figure out a plan."

"Okay." She hesitated. "Fine."

She walked down the corridor and beckoned for me to follow her. We passed a room and I could hear Mr Reeth. Veronika quickly ran past and I ran quietly after her. She burst open a metal door after putting in the password and ran out but the sirens started. Both of us ran for our lives and just about got out the metal gate before security guards ran out of the buildings.

I felt something in my pocket. It was my watch from my Miss Danger outfit. I forgot that I had it in this coat. I pressed the emergency button to alert the man cave and pointed it at the security guards to zap them. I and Veronika continued to run until she tripped and fell, someone grabbed her but I kept on going until I too was dragged back into the darkness of the building.
-
I woke up to my watch buzzing in my pocket. I went to grab it to answer the message but someone snatched it out my hand.