Chapter 4

It was Saturday, I had no training with Mr Reeth. Throughout the last month, I had proven my self worthy of his teaching and it was amazing to have such a highly skilled tutor of martial arts praise your fighting techniques. But today I was free to do whatever I liked.

I scrolled through my Instagram and saw that someone had tagged Charlotte in a post. I clicked on her account and decided to message her.

"Hey Charlotte, it's Cass, I was wondering if you wanted to meet today?"

She replied in seconds.

"Of course I would Cass! Is it okay if I bring Jasper with me?"

Jasper? I didn't know they were friends. I texted back:

"Sure! See you at the cafe near your house at 10?"

And as usual, she replied quickly:

"See you there!"

I looked up at the time. It was 9am so I had to get ready quickly. I threw on the first thing I found in my wardrobe, grabbed some money and headed downstairs.

"Bye Mom!" I called, "I'm going to meet Charlotte and Jasper!"

"Bye Cass!" Said, my mom.

-

I arrived just before 10 but Charlotte was already there, she was never late for anything. I walked in and she turned to look at me.

"Hey, Cass!" She waved at me, "I was just about to order, what do you want?"

"Oh, a chocolate milkshake, please." I replied.

"Good choice." She laughed. "Two chocolate milkshakes please!"

"And a diet pepsi for me!" Said a cheerful voice behind me.

I turned around, "Hey Jasper."

"Heyyy Cass." He exclaimed.

He sat down next to me and Charlotte.

"So ladies spill the tea." He said.

Charlotte laughed, "Right so Henry and Bianca are totally obsessed with each other, we never get to see him but I think that ones fairly obvious. Veronika is totally so jealous and you know Leo? I think there's something weird about him."

Jasper gasped, "I know right, he always disappears in math."

Charlotte and Jasper go on and on about everything that has happened since I've been gone. Nothing seems really useful until Charlotte said,

"Veronika is totally apart of that gang who keep terrorizing Swellview though. I could have sworn it was her on the news. Same hair, shoes and everything."

"Wait you really think so?" I furrowed my eyebrows. This could be so useful for my plan in getting revenge on Bianca. "No way." I said quietly.

Jasper started, "Yeah I totally think so too bu-" He was cut off by a loud crash. Right away, car alarms started and the sound of running footsteps grew closer.

"What was t-" Said Charlotte but she also was cut off by both her's and Jaspers phones ringing.

Strange. They both got a call at the same time.

Charlotte answered hers and began listening intently. Shortly after, she hung up and looked at me apologetically.

"I'm so sorry Cass but we've got to go." She said hastily, rushing to her feet. "C'mon Jasper." Pulling him by the arm, she dragged him out of the cafe.

Something didn't seem quite right about their lightning exit so I did what a naturally curious person would do. I went to follow them.

I was about to leave the building when a guy in a black mask, dragged me by the arm and into a window. I kicked him hard in the shins and ran off in the direction that Jasper and Charlotte went. The distant wail of sirens started, only increasing my curiosity. I was about to take a rest from running, when I heard Charlotte's voice.

"Are you sure it's him who did all this?"

"Yes we're sure." Spoke someone who sounded like Ray.

I peeked around the corner and it was Captain Man, Kid Danger, Charlotte and Jasper. What on earth were Charlotte and Jasper doing with them?

"We need to move now so we can catch as man of the gang as we can." Said Kid Danger.

"Yes of course, let's go. Charlotte and Jasper go to the man cave and help Schwoz." Said Ray.

To the man cave? This was getting weirder but the second. Ray and Kid Danger began walking my way. I panicked and pulled my hood over my face and decided to walk past them.

I was almost past them when Ray spoke:

"Hey where are you going?"

I froze. "Uhhh."

Ray whipped my hood off my head. He stared at me for a couple seconds before turning away. He blocked Kid Dangers view.

"Who is it?" Said the sidekick.

"Never mind." Said Ray.

"Stay out of this Cassandra." He whispered to me. "I mean it."

I took a deep breath and pulled my hood back up. They walked away but I was going to help them. I hurried towards where the sirens were and saw several police men and people in all black. I decided it was time to put my skills from this week to the test.

A police man was being held still by a teen with a black mask. I leapt over a car and hit him in the chest. He let go of the police officer, now focused on me. Then I realised a group of people were crowding around to watch us. I had picked a fight with one of the superior members.

He swung at me and I ducked but not before I punched him in the gut. He stumbled backwards and kicked me in the leg, buckling them and making me fall forwards. I tried to get up but he punched me hard in the nose. Then someone else put something over my face and all I remember was falling backwards and distantly hearing Captain Man's voice shouting for them to leave me alone. But I was already their victim.

-

I woke up in a dark room. I had no idea where I was or what time it was. The door opened and light flooded in. I tried to get up but my hands were tied to the wall. I strained my eyes to see who was coming in it looked like a girl with blonde hair, the teenager who I fought and..... Mr Reeth?