𝟯. 𝗨𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲𝗱

Everyone around me is tackling each other and ripping off each other's skin. But why am I sitting here, unnoticed. Am I invisible? It can't be because why else would they be avoiding me like I'm fire. And that iffy smell..it's stronger than it has ever been. 

"Kang Hara!"

I look back and see Cheongsan waving at me from under the table. I try to get up but my leg hurts too much. The screaming is so loud. I put my hands on my ears and close my eyes to calm myself.

"Stop yelling stop yelling"

Before I could repeat those words again, a familiar voice yells at me. 

"Get ahold of yourself!"

Cheongsan holds on to my hand and pulls me away from the weird acting classmates. He lifts me off the ground and places his arm around my neck, carrying me to a safer spot.

"Cheongsan! Hara!"

Onjo runs to us while trying to avoid all the head biting schoolmates. Together, we start to search for a way out. The doors are blocked and the kitchen is full of screams.

"I found something"

Cheongsan continues to support my body with his arm as we make our way to a window. He jumps on the table and helps me and Onjo on it too. Quickly, he opens the window.

"Go, now"

Onjo goes first. She climbs through the window and disappears. 

"Hara, now you"

"No, we have to help the others"

I start to yell names of classmates that look like they haven't gone crazy. They run towards us and make their way out of the window. But I'm not only getting their attention. 

"Hara, we have to go now"

"Wait there are still-"

Cheongsan grabs my arm and pushes me to the window. "Please.."

I look at the window and back at him. 

"Hara, Cheongsan! Hurry up!" Onjo yells from outside.

Cheongsan grabs me by my waist and lifts me up to the window. I quickly make my way out and fall on the ground. Onjo helps me on my feet as Cheongsan jumps out of the window. The three of us humble together.

"Now what?"

Stumbling due to the pain in my leg, I run after Onjo towards the exit, but a zombie (I'll just call them that) appears. Cheongsan pulls us back just to face another zombie on the other side. He looks around us and pushes us to another exit.

The three of us start to rush through the parking lot. Everyone is running around or being eaten by a fellow schoolmate. My leg is still hurting but I'm trying to continue running while not paying attention to it.

"Onjo! Cheongsan!"

I feel myself tripping over something. My head was luckily shielded by my arms or else it wouldn't have ended pretty. I lift it back up and try to find my friends, but they're gone. All I can hear are screams and shouts. 

"What's wrong with everyone?"

Getting up from the ground, I notice that my leg doesn't hurt anymore.

Like the pain just disappeared.

A few classmates snarl at me as I try to make my way to the front of the school. Their eyes are red, just like Hyeonju's were. I study their bodies and see that they all have a bite mark or a whole chunk of flesh taken out of them.