𝟭. 𝗞𝗶𝗺 𝗛𝘆𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗷𝘂

17:35

I wake in a jolt.

"Kang Hara!"

My eyes shift towards my friends, Onjo and Isak. They're waving at me from the classroom door.

"Yes?"

"School is over, let's go"

I sigh and grab my bag, slowly marching after them into the hallways. Everyone is running around and catching up their friends about how boring the classes were. 

"What are we doing today?"

"I need to go home and study"

Onjo hits me. "You're killing our friendship"

"Sorry"

"We were actually thinking of visiting Cheongsan's parents new chicken restaurant" Isak says quietly.

"You were?" I ask quickly.

"Yes, but I guess we'll just go without you"

Isak grabs Onjo's hand and turns around.

"Ahh wait" I twist our arms together. "I can study later"

Isak chuckles a little and pulls Onjo and me with her out of the school. I look around me at all our schoolmates slowly leaving. It's a pretty day. The sky is pink-orangy and the air is worm. 

"Hey, Cheongsan!"

I look besides me, just realising that we have stopped walking. My eyes shift towards the person in front of me. He's talking to Onjo. When he turns his head to me my heart starts to beat faster like I'm about to throw up.

"Hara, did you hear that?"

Isak pushes me a bit.

"Hear what?"

"Your phone. It's ringing"

And indeed, it's ringing. I take it out of my pocket. Looking at the caller iD, my mood shifts.

"Who is it?"

"My dad"

I want to accept the call but Cheongsan hits the decline button. My eyes widen as I drop my phone.

"Why'd you do that?"

"He's a bad man. Don't talk to him"

"That's not for you to decide" I say annoyed. 

I grab my phone off the ground and turn around. I want to walk off but Isak holds me back.

"Aren't you coming with us?"

"No. I'm going home" I shrug her arm off and walk away.

Believe me, I don't like my bad mood swings any more than they do. But we're used to it. 

18:30

I drop my bag on the floor. My grandma runs out of the living room when hearing the front door shut. 

"Who are you?" She asks softly.

"It's me grandma, your granddaughter" I say wit a smile.

She looks at me with confusing eyes. My grandma got diagnosed with dementia 2 years ago. I don't know much about it, only that it's a scary thing to suffer from. I've lived with my grandparents ever since my dad went to prison. We don't really talk about what happened nor do we want to. I'm just glad that I still have a family.