Review: Love Me Once

Reviewer: Zo

Author: hobiradio

Before I get onto the review, a little note; I tend to be extremely harsh or critical, so I hope that none of my words offend you in any way and that you use them to better your story. Okay, let's go.

In case you haven't noticed, I add that little note before all my reviews because I know that my words can hurt some authors. However, I have nothing harsh to say to you at all! I'm in love with the story! But, I do have some things to point out, so I'll do just that.

My first impression; amazing. The book cover is super aesthetic and eye-pleasing and I find it hilarious because Jungkook's job is making places super aesthetic and eye-pleasing. But I would suggest making the author's username a little bigger because all my partially blind eyes see is the username of the person who made the book cover.

The title of the story isn't something that's seen every day, and it's unique in its own way. I read all the published chapters, yet I still didn't find a reference to the title, or explanation, but I suppose that'll come later in the story. Same for the blurb. We still haven't gotten to the 'landing in another universe' and 'pretense for the sake of a weird science experiment', but I think that'll come later in the story, so it's fine. I would suggest removing the 'or' in the blurb. You could've just left a couple of lines after the excerpt, or added a hyphen or something. The 'or' just looks weird there.

Entering the story, I loved the story from the get-go. The first chapter is awesome, and the humor is just top-notch. It's gold. I was laughing in all the right places and loved Jungkook's character. He's unique, and I love that! But, before I get ahead of myself, let me just say, I love Chanmi more! Both of them are so fierce and sassy and their interactions are just so much fun to read. I usually don't interact with stories I'm supposed to be judging/reviewing but your story just broke that record of mine, haha, and I'm not complaining. That itself should show just how invested I was in the story as a reader, and that's a great sign! (ps, my lip really did start bleeding; I think I bit it a bit too hard, trying to control myself from screaming, because GAWD DAMN THAT CHAPTER WAS JAW-DROPPING)

I could go on and on about the things I loved about the story, (ie everything,) but there are some tiny errors too. Double punctuation marks are something that occurred more than once, and grammatically that's incorrect, so I would suggest changing that. The grammar was more or less perfect, just a tiny few typos here and there, but we can ignore that. Commas are missing in places where they should be, like <"Yes sir."> should be <Yes, sir."> Again, they're really minor, so nothing to worry about much.

A small, kinda useless piece of advice; every time I use a Korean word, or basically any word which isn't English, I italicize it. For example, instead of Hyung, I type it like Hyung to show the emphasis that it's a Korean word. Same for Oppa. Again, it's just a suggestion, so feel free to ignore it haha. I think that is all the errors I could spot because the writing style is flawless! I like how everything is in the author's pov, yet everything is all elaborate in the most perfect way possible, and the emotions were awesome, so kudos to you!

I absolutely loved the story and wholeheartedly believe that it's really underrated, and deserves loads more attention. I'm a very picky reader, and I lose interest in many stories very quickly, but not this one. I read everything published, and that's something that doesn't happen very often. I was kept on my toes, and I'll sure be anticipating the next update, so I hope you update soon, author!

I don't think there's anything else to say, other than... you nice, keep going! Hwaiting!

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message the reviewer directly or tag MochiSaysLachimolala in a comment here --->