Chapter 5

Hey everyone!! I decided to upload this chapter now!! I hope you like it!!
Alexandra's POV

I open my eyes to bright lights. I hear the noise of a fork clanging against a plate and someone chewing. I feel someone's hand in mine.

When I look down at my hand to see who is holding it I am puzzled by what I see.

A pale hand about the same size of mine sit in my hand. I look up to see Tris smiling at me.

"Hey hon, I'm glad to see that your awake."

I look to the right of Tris and find the source of the noise I had heard when I first woke up. Tobias Is sitting in a chair eating chocolate cake. I smile and start to quietly laugh.

Tobias stops his meaningful task of consuming the cake and looks up from from his plate. He look at me confused.

With the chocolatey dessert still in his mouth he says," What? Tris says cake makes everything better!"

I smile I love that I can see this side of him with Tris. No one else gets to and I am ok with that.

I smile and say,"It can't be that good."

My brother's eyes bug out of his head. Tobias get out of his chair and takes the fork that was just in his mouth and takes a chunk of the cake. I sit up and he puts it towards my mouth. I take a bite.

Bliss, chocolaty goodness, and fireworks erupt in my mouth.

I moan and savor the taste in my mouth.

Tobias speaks up," When we were in abnegation I supposedly helped out with the factionless. During this time I actually was trying to get apples from the amity or chocolate from dauntless. When I came home with this stuff Alexandra's eyes would just light up. So I tried to get it whenever I could."

Tris smiles at our story. I suddenly hear a grumbling sound.

"I guess I'm hungry", Tris says.

I feel bad for making them miss lunch. "Go ahead", I tell them,"get something to eat. I'm fine here."

"Okay",Tobias says.

The get up to leave but just before they exit Tris points at me," you need some food too missy so I'm going to bring you some food afterwords." With that she leaves.

I must have fallen asleep because when I open my eyes I feel another hand enclosed on mine. This one is much larger than Tris's. Still tired I lazily look up and see the familiar icy blue eyes that sparkle like crystals. I learned to love his eyes. I feel the familiar burning on my skin and shiver from looking at his eyes too long.

He shakes his head, clears his throat, and removes his hand from mine.

"Umm I j-just came to a- um know if you are good enough to go to training tomorrow", Eric says scratching the back of his neck.

I look up at him. I want to talk to him but I just can't. I can't trust anyone.

The only reason I trust tris is because Tobias trusts her and she earned my trust through him.

I nod and look down at my lap.

"Tris brought you some food."

I glance at the tray and I don't feel very hungry.

"You should eat something. You know so a- to I mean so you could get ur a strength back."

He places the tray in front of me. I

Look at the weird substance in front of me. It's a piece of meat in between two pieces of bread.

Eric must sense my confusion. "It's a hamburger."

I stare at him with a puzzled face. I have never heard of hamburger before.

Eric chuckles and takes the tray from me. "This is how I like mine", he puts lettuce tomato and onions on the sandwich and adds some red sauce to it. "I normally just eat it whole but your small so I'll cut it in half." He cuts the sandwich in half and places it back on the tray right next to the dauntless cake.

I pick it up and hesitantly take a bite. My eyes light up the excitement. Is dauntless food always this good?

Eric chuckles probably because I'm devouring the hamburger like it's my last meal, but he quickly covers his laugh with a cough.

Once I finish half of it I am pretty full. Start to eat the dauntless cake and finish it faster than the hamburger.

"Can I ask you a question?"

I nod my head.

"Why don't you ever talk to anyone?"

I pull my knees to my chest and bite my lip. I look up into his beautiful eyes opening and closing my mouth. I want words to come out, but they can't. He reaches up to my face and brushes his thumb underneath my eye.

"Why are you crying?"

I touch my face and realize that he's right I am crying.

Suddenly the gang bursts through the door and at that moment I realize how close we are to each other. We both back away from each other at a safer distance.

"You better be at training tomorrow stiff because I'm not putting up with your slack! Got it?"

Eric says this in his instructor voice and I realize that I don't like this side of him very much. I nod letting another tear fall down my face.

Walking out of the room he says, "Because IT'S NOT MY F***ING PROBLEM YOU GOT SHOT."

He pushes past the door leaving everyone silent.

"Are you okay", Zeke says.

I smile at everyone and nod to let everyone standing before me that I am fine. However, they don't seem too convinced because of the tears falling down my face.

Just before dinner I got out of my hospital room and made started to make my way over to the dining hall.

Once I get there I sit at my usual table with the gang, Tobias and Tris. They all look at me. I give them all a confused look.

Tris is the first one to speak. "Has anyone told you about what Eric did to the transfer that shot you today."

I shake my head. What did he do? Did he kill him? Why would he care so much anyways. He clearly doesn't like me if he yelled at me like that.

Uriah tells the story,"So Eric was really pissed that that Ian dude shot you so he made him stand in front of the target and he shots bullets outlining the little shit's body. Then he shot him in the foot."

Then Christina intervenes,"Yeah and he yelled a lot!"

I stare at them with a look of pure shock. Why would he do that? To me he looks like he couldn't care less.

We eat and I block everyone's conversation out. Eric is so confusing. Does he hate me or could he possibly have feelings for me. I think I'm going to talk to Tris about it tomorrow.
********************
I'll upload the next chapter on monday!!