🥀 CHAPTER 3🥀

"What took you so long?" I asked her.
"N-nothing. I- I was just-" she was searching for words.
"What happened?" I asked her calmly, hoping that she'd tell everything. She immediately shook her head, smiling.
"Don't try to cover up everything by this smile of yours Alice" I said being a bit angry which made her face the floor. I put both of my hands over her shoulders.
"Alice....." I breathed out. I lifted her chin up to face me. Her eyes were at the verge of tearing up.

"Who did this to you?" I asked caressing her red cheeks. She hissed before drawing herself out of my hold. She was shivering. She moved backwards still not daring to face me. I wasn't planning to let go of her this time.

"Please Alice.... I've never asked this before. Please tell me what's going on. I don't even have the slightest clue of what you're going through. Please let me know. I deserve to know." I pleaded taking her palm in mine.
She looked right on my eyes. It was a whole minute silence before she crashed her body on mine. I quickly wrapped my arms around her waist hoisting her off the floor. She snuggled deep in to the crook of my neck.

"She's so unreadable sometimes"  I thought.
She was sniffling, whimpering while I just caressed her back.

"It's gonna be okay. Please just tell me what happened to you." I whispered in to her hair. She let out a deep sigh before she stood on her feet.

"I wanna go" she said making me even confused.
"Where?" I asked.
"I don't know. Anywhere but here" she said shaking her head.
"W-What do you mean by that" I asked addled.
"I don't wanna stay here anymore. I wanna leave" She said sniffing. My heart dropped to my stomach.
"W-What is she saying?"  We might not be that close. But those 2 months with her was the beautiful days in my life.
"A-alice. What are you saying?" I asked moving closer to her. She quickly backed off. I needed her answers.
"Did somebody threaten you?" I asked finally. She shook her head vigorously. I shook my head denying her.
"Lie!!!" I said moving even closer.
"S-stop there" she said showing her palm for me to stop. Space was the last thing I cared at that moment. I took her hands in mine.
"Look at me" I said. Not like she was going to listen to me. I lifted her chin up making her blood shot eyes fell over mine.
"Please.... Tell me what happened. Don't leave me all of a sudden" I said as my eyes were itching to tear up.
"Let me go... Please...." She begged as if someone was watching us.
"Not until you say what happened" I whispered.
"Will you let me go then?" She asked.
"No" I replied without even wasting a second while she looked at me pleading.
"Why are you so desperate to leave me?" I asked but she kept mum.
"Do you not like me around you? You don't like me?" I asked while she decided to be silent.
"Is my presence annoying you that you just want to leave me. Am I that much unlovable?" I asked endlessly hoping she'd deny.

"Please tell me you love me" I wished but got truly hurt by her silence.

"Please say something" I waited for her reply, still got no response.

"You can't force someone to stay with you or let alone love you"  my conscience remarked. I knew it by then. If she loved me then she wouldn't have told me that she wanted to leave. I was angry. So much. For expecting her to be in love with me.

"Okay. Imma let you go then." I said sternly. She looked at me with thousands of emotions. I could see helplessness in her eyes. But I couldn't do anything unless she says the reason.

"You can leave tomorrow itself. And I don't want you to show me your face ever again. Don't even come to see me if you heard that I died." I said while tears were endlessly flowing through her almond eyes.

"I'm such a fool" I chuckled.
"A halfwit to love someone like you. For expecting the same from you. To believe that you were the one. I feel so helpless right now too that I can never get over you. Thank you for giving all these pain." I said. I could feel hot tears painting my cheeks. She was crying too. That was the first time ever I yelled at her.

I stared at her eyes, all I wanted to do was to pull her over me and disappear from the world. I wanted to hide, from all the evils. I just wanted her. I never realised that I loved her that much until she told me she wanted me to let her go. The thought itself felt like a nightmare. No matter how much I held myself back, my anger and desperation didn't let me shut my mouth.
"If you hated me this much then you could have told me sooner. It wouldn't have made me hurt this much" I muttered. But what she said next caught me off guard

"If I hated you then I would have told you long back. And you are no one to suspect my love towards you. I won't let you change any of my feelings towards you." She said with gritting teeth.

"W-What?"

I couldn't believe my own ears. I stared her silently. I wasn't just hearing things. She did say that right to my face. She sniffed before wiping her teary eyes and started walking away.  But before she could walk away I caught her wrist.
"Leave me. Just wait till the morning, then you won't see me ever again. Probably no one would" she said jerking herself off my hold. I shook my head before pulling her closer till her face was right before my chest.

"NO. NOT AFTER WHAT YOU JUST SAID" I yelled before engulfing her with my whole body. She didn't flinch. Instead, I heard low sobs. She broke down again while hanging on to me. Tears were endlessly flowing through both of our eyes.

"D-do you wanna see me in tears for all my life huh? I only have you. Please don't a-abandon me like this. I can never live a life again without you. I'll die" I said still hugging her while weeping. Even my own voice felt unknown to my ears.

"He'll kill you..." She finally said making me immediately pull apart.