🥀 CHAPTER 4🥀

"Who? No. No one is gonna kill me" I convinced her while she shook her head left to right.
"He will. If I don't leave you he'll kill you." She cried out.
"Who are you talking about Alice?" I asked her wiping her cheeks.

"Davis...." She replied making my eyes go wide. He was her aunt's son.

"So that means..." I paused for a second.
"He's the one who has been troubling you" I asked her while she nodded her head.

"D-did he hurt you?" I asked hoping she'd say no. But she kept silent.
"I ASKED YOU SOMETHING" I yelled making her flinch.
"HE HAS BEEN DOING THIS EVER SINCE I LOST MY PARENTS" she yelled back. That was the last thing I was expecting. Even if I didn't have parents, no one had hurt me. But even after having people around her, she was used to abuse.

"W-what?" I asked crying. She shook her head silently letting out tears.
"He came today too" she said slowly while I looked at her eyes.
"He touched me when I denied him" she said breaking my heart in to pieces. She had been abused despite being my wife, and the fact that I wasn't there to protect her made me want to jump off a cliff.
"W-why didn't you tell me any of these?" I asked her.
"For what? I'm gonna die anyway. I didn't want you to suffer more because of me" she broke down.
"Nothing is gonna happen to you. No one is gonna take you away from me." I said pulling her posessively.

"You can't go anywhere" my conscience said.

"Please try to understand. I'll leave. Or else he will hurt you too" she said staring at me with her glossy eyes.
"How can I let you go after knowing what he did to you?" I asked her.
"Don't worry about me. Please be safe" she said while I shook my head aggressively.
"W-What does he want?" I asked her.
"Me" she said.
"NO. He can't. You are my wife now. He can't take you away from me" I said.
"He'll take me. He's more powerful than us" she said looking at her feet.
"That's what law is for. We'll sue him" I said.
"You think I wouldn't have done anything till now, no law helped me." She said. I saw her eyes full of helplessness.
"Your aunt? Does she know about this?" I asked her.
"She's the one behind all these" she chuckled sadly.
"She's the one who made him to do all those nasty things just for my parent's wealth. I agreed to write off everything on one condition. That's why they married me off to you. I felt so happy with you. But his obsession didn't die." She said looking everywhere but me.

"Now I've got only two choices. Surrender to him, surrender to death-" she said but I cut her off before she could say further.
"STOP" I screamed. She bit her lips while tears were flowing through her cheeks endlessly.
"You trust me right?" I asked lifting her chin up.
"More than I trust myself" she replied immediately making my heart flutter.

"Let's run away. Let's go somewhere, where no one can find us" I said while she looked at me with perplexed eyes.
"Don't say no. Please..." I pleaded while a tear droplet left my eyes. She gulped down her tears.

"D-don't you wanna live with me? Don't you wanna grow old together? Don't you wanna have our own little family?" I asked while drawing the visuals in my mind. I could picturise our future.
"You look beautiful even when you are old" I said resting my forehead over her. She closed her eyes letting out tears. My crystals touched her cheeks.
"Our daughter has your same eyes" I continued. She bit her lips, suppressing her sobs. I smiled, just that the tears were not stopping.
"I will never allow anyone near her. Because she looks as beautiful as her mom" I said smiling. She raised her gaze to my eyes. Her eyes were shining.
"Don't you wanna see?" I asked while she nodded her head in agreement.
"I wanna live a happy life with you. Please let's be happy." I said closing my eyes. She nodded her head without any delay. I leaned in till I felt her petals touching mine. I caressed her cheeks while placing a chaste kiss on her trembling lips.

"I love you" she said looking straight at my eyes.
"I know you do. But I love you more" I said wiping off her tear stained cheeks. We'd been standing there since an hour.

"I'm not leaving this room" I said.
"I don't mind" she said giggling. Not after a few minutes, we both were cuddling under the sheets.
Her head over my chest as my arms were around her. Only calm breathing could be heard. She was staring at my face.
"What?" I asked her.
"Nothing" she replied but continued staring at my face.
"Thank you" she said while I raised my eyebrows questioning.
"For being born" she said smiling sweetly.
"I'm more thankful to have you" I said genuinely pulling her even closer. She snuggled deeper into my chest.
"You are so comfy and cosy" she said nudging her nose over my neck.
"Am I?" I asked to which she hummed.
"How was your day?" She asked while an unknown smile bloomed on my face.
"Tiring till I saw you" I said.
"Ewww.... Cheesy" she said scrunching her nose.
"I know. You gotta put up with it from now on" I said hugging her even tightly.

"I don't want you to leave everything for me" she mumbled.
"I have nothing. Just you. So I'm taking my everything with me" I said. She smiled.
"Where will we go?" She asked sighing.
"I don't know" I genuinely said as I had no clue.
"It's okay. We'll get through this together. Everything is gonna be okay" I said patting her back. She hummed.

I wanted her. I wanted to see her smiling whole heartedly. I wanted to take all her pain away. I wanted to keep her in my embrace, protecting her from all the evils. She had taken enough pain.

"You won't leave me right?" I asked.
"Promise" she said without any delay.