CHAPTER 7

Few seconds passed. I didn't know, but knowing that we were going to die, seconds felt like forever.

We heard the sound of footsteps trailing off. I blinked my eyes multiple times seeing the empty space infront of us. Her eyes were befuddled. Soon we heard the sound of car departing.

"Did he leave?" I thought.

Yes. He did.

I suddenly turned to face her, she was already looking at my eyes. It was just a few seconds silence before we broke down in each other's embrace.
Her head over my chest, while mine was over her head. She was holding on to me as if I would disappear at any moment. There was not even any space for air between us.
"Don't cry. It's all over now" I said caressing her back. But a little part of me said that he'd come back again, nevertheless I still convinced her. She nodded her head crying her eyes out while I held her like a fragile porcelain doll.

Days passed, we were recovering. She was still insecure about the feeling that he might come back. He was the worst nightmare for us. She was almost in her 7 months of pregnancy. We were happy even after all the hurdles. It took a lot of try to bring her back in to her normal self.
We were living just like that, and one day she got a mail with a huge amount. It said-

  "Don't reject this. This is yours, your parent's. I've lost you, nothing else can compensate my loss. So please accept this.
   You were wanted by everyone. Our school, the whole town, college. I've hurt everyone who's tried to get you. Thought I could get you back this time too. But I didn't realise one thing. Have I ever loved you? The thing you never knew was, I've loved you since we were kids. But I was too blinded by the toxicity. In my whole life I've seen my dad hitting and abusing my mom. I've never seen them in love. I've been raised in an abusive household. I've never been loved by my dad. The only memory I have of him is, him stumbling towards me with his belt on his hand, hitting me till I bleed, asking me where my mom had been going, with whom she was with. I would fight for my mom, she was loyal to my dad. But I would never forgive her for making me do such things to you. I was used. She used me for your parent's wealth. And me wanting you was something which held her wants like a thread.
   I was blinded. Blinded by the toxicity. I don't know whether you understand this or not. But now I've realised one thing. In my whole life the only thing I've given you is pain. I thought I could win you. But now I know I can never win you against him. If he wasn't with you, I don't want to think about what I would have done to you. I am a beast Alice. I know you already know this.   Looking back at our past, I want to die. I want you to kill me for what I've done to you. You could have killed me Alice. Why didn't you do that? That day, when I pointed my gun at you,  I should have killed myself. Why am I still alive then?  Don't you think the same? Because I wanted you to know what I was. Who I've been. I don't want you to pity me about not having someone to share my sorrows. I don't want anyone. I don't deserve anyone, especially not you. You're the girl who deserves the whole world, love and affection which I'm not able to give. I don't think I'll be able to love someone in future. I'm better off alone. Nobody is safe with me.
   Don't ever visit me. I can never imagine you holding a baby who isn't mine. But I don't wish any harm for your baby. You'd be the best mom. You deserve the motherhood.
    I'm not asking for an apology after all of these. It surely won't be enough. But don't worry. I'll never trouble you again.

P.s. I still envy your husband.

-Davis"

We decided not to move back there ever again. We were happy with what we already had. But she deserved that. It was her parent's. Davis surely was a beast to her. The things he'd done to her was unforgivable.
"Everyone deserves forgiveness. If they realise their mistakes" was what Alice said to me. Like he said, she deserved the whole world. I would never trade her for anything.

I was on my daily duty of reading her books again while she was laying over my chest with closed eyes.
My one hand over her hair, caressing. Other hand holding the book, while her hands were fisted over my shirt like a kid.
"Are you sleeping again after making me read these whole ass book?" I asked examining her sleeping face. She didn't reply. She was asleep. I smiled before closing the book and pulled her closer. I put my hand over her huge belly. We found out it was a girl after her ultrasound.

"Hope you are not troubling your mom. She seemed so tired these days." I sighed out caressing her belly.
"Hmm.. a lot. She has been troubling me a lot" I heard her mumbling.
"Oww. That's not a good thing little one" I said poking her belly.
"But I kinda liked it" she said giggling.
"Yeah. So you won't get bored when I'm out for work" I said while she rolled her eyes playfully.
"Can you imagine how it is to carry a little human being inside your womb and feel it's each and every movement?" She asked looking at my face.
"I wish I could. Unfortunately I've been born as a human and not seahorse " I said.
She giggled "It's the most beautiful feeling. So having a bit trouble is okay" she said.
"As you say your highness" I said to which she giggled. But a thought kept flashing on my mind.

"Alice..." I called her name ever so softly. She hummed in reply.
"I've heard that It's so painful..." I said watching her movements.
"Yes it is" she simply said. She was laying over me with closed eyes.
"Are you gonna be able to bear the pain?" I asked softly caressing her cheeks.
"Yes... I am a strong girl" she said proudly.
"You surely are" I smiled before kissing her head.

"Thinking about we'll be able to see our baby makes me want to give birth now itself" she said wiggling her body. More like a happy dance.
"Ow. Don't do that" I said giggling while she giggled along with me. She was glowing and being pregnant didn't do any justice for her.
"You are looking so pretty" I admitted.
"Oh. C'mon. You're saying this for the millionth time" she said hitting me.
"Then stop being this pretty" I said and she shrugged.

God. She was all I wanted. Seeing her being happy was all I wanted. We were not met at the wrong time. We were the right people who met at the right time.
"Ugh... I love her so much. She was the bright light on my darkest days." I said to myself.

"You still believe in fairytales?" I asked her. She lifted her face to look at my face and nodded her head in agreement.
"I do too. After everything that had happened till now, makes me want to believe in fairytales over and over again" I said.
"You know what? I love you so much" she said looking right at my eyes.
"Oh. I'm surprised" I said. She pinched my chest playfully.
"I love you you so so so much" I said giggling. All those times, my warm hand was over her belly. She leaned and smiled booping her nose against mine. I smiled before kissing her lips. I felt a kick on my hand.

"Oh. Seems like you have a strong opponent" I said giggling.
"I like to fight" she said giggling before hugging me. She and me, was all I had and were waiting for our little bean to share our love.

"God... Save my both precious angels from all evils. Because I'd be damned if I let anything bad to happen to them. I'd rather die than living without any of them" I said to myself before drifting to our dream land, by having the love of my life secured inside my arms.

~~~THE END~~~

🥀Dated: 2nd October 2021🥀