🥀 CHAPTER 5🥀

We left.
We left the country.
We left the last thing which gave her the trauma.

I might seem like a coward, running away by fear. Yes. I was afraid. Afraid to loose her. She made me do things which I'd never done. She was the only one I got. I valued nothing more than her. We  had nothing but ourselves. I thought that was all enough.

"Yes.... As long as I have you, it's all enough" I mumbled looking at her sleeping face resting over my shoulder.

It was an old, small house, But more than enough for the two of us. Moreover, we were happy. She made me so happy. Just nine months felt like an eternity.
We had been sitting on the carpeted floor for some hours. It all started with her being stubborn and made me read a whole book of her favourite author. I didn't realise that she fell asleep.
I chuckled hearing soft snores coming from her parted lips. I pulled the blanket and covered her till her neck. She snuggled in to my warmth while my hand was caressing her barely visible baby bump.

She was just four months pregnant by then. I was on cloud nine when she said that we were going to be parents. She looked so happy, just the way I wished her to be.

"I'm sorry that you have to live in such a condition when you need all the care" I said feeling extremely sad.
"You take enough care of me" she mumbled in her sleep. She was so understanding. I didn't deserve someone like her.
"I don't deserve you" I said.
"You deserve the whole freaking world" she said making me giggle.
"Baby will hear you. Don't swear" I said.
"Let her hear" she said wrapping her hand over my waist.
"But I'm still sad that you've to tune to this changes. I'm trying for a better job. Don't worry" I said caressing her knuckles. She lifted her chin and rested it over my chest.
"Look at me. Can't you see that I'm happy? You gave me a roof over my head, you are feeding me well, you gifted me this little bean of happiness. moreover you love me like crazy. What else do I need?" She asked flashing her mellow smile. My heart filled with warmth.
"You are the girl everyone wants" I admitted. She smiled.
"Too bad. Cause' you're mine" I grinned.
"Oh I see..." She giggled.

Seeing her smile like that was the only thing I loved to see. The night looked so beautiful with the love of my life laying on me.
"Do you believe in fairy tales?" She asked.
"I'd like to say no. There is no such things like that Alice" I replied.
"But I want you to believe in them" she said.
I took her hands in mine "If our future is capable of changing my thoughts, I'd tell you surely" I said before kissing her fingertips, she smiled. Her hands were ice-cold. The cool breeze was embracing our body.
"Let's go to our room. You'll catch cold" I said, she hummed.

That was how our every nights passed. We realised, we were enough. And our baby was an addition to our happiness.

It was another happy morning to me since I saw her sleeping peacefully. I kissed her forehead before getting off without waking her up. I saw her sitting on the bed half asleep while I came out of shower.
"Have a bit more sleep. It's still early" I said sitting on the bed.
"Why are you leaving so early today?" She asked in her morning voice.
"Look at the time young lady" I chuckled. She took a look on the clock.
"It's 8 in the morning. And you're telling me to go to sleep" she said rubbing her eyes. I smiled while grabbing her both palms and put in over my cheeks. She gave me a sweet smile while squishing my cheeks.
"What happened?" She asked.
"Nothing. You just feel so lovable" I said while her eyes were glowing.
"You make me feel so lovable" she said.
"Cause' you deserve it" I replied. She replied with a smile by shaking her head. I kissed her palm.
"I've an interview. Pray for me okay?" I said.
"Oh... Come here... Let me hug you" she said pulling me closer.
"Do your best and we both will pray for our soon to be dad" she said hugging and rocking my body. I smiled and kissed her head.
"Okay then. I gotta go. Have food on time" I said before pecking her cheeks by caressing her bumb.

I looked at her on last time before leaving the house. She mouthed an 'all the best' with her infections smile.

I worked so hard for the interview. We needed that job. I remember, she had told me that she got pregnant at the wrong time as we were not financially stable. So I wanted that job to demolish her insecurities. As I wished the interview ended well. I did my best. I felt like I was flying when they announced that I got selected.
"She'll be so happy" I quickly dialed her, but hung up immediately. "Let's give her a surprise" I thought.
I bought her favourite cheeze cake. It took just few minutes of bus ride. I finally reached home.
I knew she'd be at the kitchen as it was almost lunch time. I tiptoed to the kitchen by holding my breath.
To my surprise she wasn't there. I turned to walk to our room when I heard a familiar voice.

"Welcome home...." I got chills hearing the voice. I slowly turned wishing it would be an illusion.
But none of it was my illusion. He was standing there. The only person who made her life miserable. Davis.

"You didn't expect me right?" He grinned like a maniac. My eyes searched for her immediately.
"Calm down. She's safe with me" he said patting my shoulder. My whole body shivered.
"Please... Tell me where she is." I pleaded while my eyes hooded with tears. Thinking about the things he had done to her didn't let me breath properly.

He smiled like an evil. I turned to find her. But the next thing I felt was a loud bang on my head before blacking out.