Delta Sigma Theta

ABEL TESFAYE

|•|•|•|•|

The night crept upon Atlanta rather quickly. Abel spent all day inside of his small apartment smoking until he couldn't feel his face. He wasn't set to start his first day of class until tomorrow and he was already planning not to go.

With heavy eyes he scanned his casual outfit in the mirror. He was invited to a party that was probably already happening and he didn't want to disappoint... clothing wise.

A party should be the last thing on his mind. In fact, he should be in bed trying to rest up for class tomorrow morning. He couldn't pass the oportunity up though. He'd feel bad for rejecting an invitation, plus he would like to go to get away from his troubled thoughts.

Feeling like his simple outfit was enough, he sighed softly and took the short walking distance to his bathroom. His Uber was already called and just a few blocks away. All he needed to do was put on his shoes and leave.

Abel searched through his medicine cabinet, taking his medicine out. He was certain he'd be dealing with a heavy crowd tonight so with just a good amount of weed, and his anxiety medicine in his system, he'd be able to handle it.

He swallowed the pills dry and sat the bottle back in its rightful place. His phone vibrated against his thigh—his Uber was waiting.

A few minutes later Abel was leaving his building and climbing in the back of a black Chevrolet truck. As the Uber driver cruised down the street, he focused on his phone, checking messages.

Mommy 👸🏽💞:

Just know that I miss you and I love you so much Abel. Please call me when you can.

Lammy 💨:

We might be in 2 different places but that don't mean you gotta act funny. Ion blame you for what happened.. maybe it was in God's plan.. You still my bro at the end of the day AB, xo 💨

He sighed and laid his head on the headrest.

Twenty minutes later, the truck came to a stop. Before Abel even stepped out he could hear the loud music from inside. He looked at the already drunk college students hanging by the porch with plastic red cups in their hands. Living carefree with smiles on their faces. He'd kill to feel that way one day.

Abel slowly walked towards the frat house keeping his hands in his pockets. He hardly looked at the students but he could feel their eyes on him curiously.