Abel and Aura

AURA DOW

|•|•|•|•|

|•|•|•|•|

"Yeah, and then we can have the homecoming game that Saturday."

Aura nodded hearing Yannie list what they've come up with so far in terms of the events for homecoming. The student body only had two weeks left before the day of so they were currently having an emergency meeting to get everything sorted out.

The theme for homecoming this year at Clark Atlanta was Under The Sea in inspiration of The Little Mermaid. Yannie and Aura were in charge of booking the venue, getting a caterer, hiring the photographer, and handling decorations. She had to miss half the day of her classes to get everything done.

Aura was so busy that she missed calls from her friends. From what she was checking currently, they went out to eat after their classes and promised to save her a plate. She pouted looking at their selfies and group pictures on Instagram.

"Fuckers," she mumbled before locking her phone. "Can we make sure to get a vegetarian caterer as well?"

"Yeah, of course," Yannie smiled. "All of this should be done ... before homecoming actually."

"Exact estimate?" Laurie asked.

"By next week."

"Perfect. Okay, I think that's all we have for today. We'll check in with the Dean Monday morning to give updates. Aura and I will be at the venue once we secure it, and I'll send you guys the address so we can all help where we can."

With one last smile, Yannie dismissed everyone. As they all said their goodbyes Aura felt her phone vibrate against her hand. She turned it over seeing Abel's name pop up.

"Hello?" She smiled slinging her bag over her shoulder.

"Hey, you done with that student body shit?"

"Yeah, I'm leaving out now." She waved to Yannie before heading out. "Are you done making me jealous?"

Abel laughed. "You could've came with us."

"I couldn't! I have to get this homecoming together."

"Well at least I saved you a plate. Lucky was about to eat it."

Before Aura could reply, she heard Landon say: "Now you know that's a damn lie!"

She giggled. "Yeah, whatever. I'll be at my dorm when you guys get back."

"Alright nerd. I'll see you in a minute."

They hung up and Aura continued her trek back to her dorm room. She studied for two hours and took a nap for one hour. When she woke up, Abel and Iris was talking rather loudly as they entered the room with bags in their hands.