Start Over

AURA DOW

|•|•|•|•|

|•|•|•|•|

After her awkward encounter with the new kid, Aura carried on to class a few minutes after chatting with her friends. Everything was still fresh—the college year was just starting and she couldn't count how many parties she had been invited to in the span of two weeks. Everyone just wanted to have fun rather than get their credits and it kind of bothered her.

She had one class today and this time, she managed to get there on time. This professor was one of her favorite educational instructors and she really enjoyed being in their class. She was majoring in psychology, for she wanted to be a therapist one day.

Aura remembered the days where she'd be depressed or feel as if she wasn't enough. She was insecure about her looks and she didn't think she was worthy of the life she endured. She grew up well but she often felt lonely. Being an only child had taken somewhat of a toll on her in her early life.

She was feeling much better and self assured now, but she didn't want others to feel like she once did. She has always wanted to help others in any way that she could, so she figured that specializing in therapy would do the trick.

Entering her English class, she greeted some students nearby with a soft smile before sitting in the back row. She hated sitting in the front.

Professor Hayes had her back turned while students walked in chattering amongst themselves. She wrote today's lesson on the board with one hand behind her back, gently humming a tune to herself.

Aura tapped away on her phone, sending a message to her and her friend's group chat. Steven had texted them asking what everyone's plans were after class. Almost everyone's response was 'sleeping', because the frat party had worn them out.

Stevie 🤓:

You boring bitches 😴 why would you even go to a party on a Wednesday anyway? Dumb

Lucky 🍀:

Bro shut up and go do some math problems. I'm tryna pay attention to this damn teacher 🙄

KJ 💋:

Pay attention? For the first time in your life? 🤨

Aura giggled softly.

Lee Lee 💅🏼:

LMAO burned

Just as Aura started to silence her phone, her phone vibrated with two new messages.

Lucky 🍀: